T O P

/r/libertarian subreddit bans

/r/libertarian subreddit bans

AlphaTangoFoxtrt

Brigading gets you a permaban. We've caught people on other subs, and on other platforms coordinating to manipulate votes or brigade threads. This will get you banned: >[Please come by anytime and bring your critical thinking skills along. We need them and we need your help. If you know anything about anything and you're of sound mind you can help. Please. ](https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/comments/pddi5t/maga_voter_happy_when_son_joins_military_under/hapt6cc/) Quite a few of the brigade bans are from there. The comment is deleted because we reported it to the admins and they took action, you can try [removeddit](https://www.removeddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/comments/pddi5t/maga_voter_happy_when_son_joins_military_under/hapt6cc/) but it appears to be down at the moment. Or you can scroll down in that thread and see a bunch of them REEEEEEEEing about how I banned them. Many people know this sub gets heavily targeted by people on both the left and the right as a "battleground" sub. It has ever since T_D and CTH were warring over it. But if we catch you brigading in from another sub, or coordinating on another platform, we are going to ban you. #EDIT: This user was also found coordinating where we found his buddy. He then decided to use the edit feature to keep participating in the sub. Utilizing the edit feature to circumvent a ban counts as ban evasion. You are banned from participating in the sub, however due to how reddit works a ban does not block edits. Because of the users behavior, the post has been removed. It would not have been removed otherwise.


cciv

Lemme guess, AlphaTangoFoxtrt?


[deleted]

[удалено]


Dornith

How does someone distinguish a brigadier from someone who just stumbled upon the sub, from someone from r/all? Seems impossible. Edit: See moderador pinned comment. They find a comment in r/LeopardsAteMyFace.


Itser12345

The mods comment doesn’t prove the person is brigading. The user who made this post is shitpost_alarm, and the user who made the comment in the mods pinned post is bobbyrickets. Here is a link to the deleted comment since removeddit is down for some people. https://www.reveddit.com/v/LeopardsAteMyFace/comments/pddi5t/maga_voter_happy_when_son_joins_military_under/hapt6cc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3 I would personally like to see some proof these are the same people if this is justification for banning the user and removing this post.


[deleted]

[удалено]


mylifesoundsnice

> I'd rather have a moderated libertarian sub than an unmoderated statist sub. Why do so many libertarians advocate for unregulated free markets in American medical/financial/education systems when they constantly bitch about how such a system is completely untenable *for a libertarian message board*? If complete abolition of regulations wouldn’t work here, why do so many of you think it would be an unmitigated success if we applied it to incredibly large and diverse sectors of the economy?


[deleted]

[удалено]


trevorm7

We can already downvote, block and ignore people we don't want to communicate with. Why do we need moderation other than obvious spam, off-topic and illegal content?


[deleted]

Because this sub will just turn into r/politics 2.0 otherwise


trevorm7

r/politics is what it is because of censorship.


[deleted]

Lmao imagine actually believing this and not the fact its 99% partisan democrats downvoting anything that doesn't toe the party line That will happen here given enough time shit I swear like half of the people here and just regular reddit bernie supporters that never left after the election


williego

Free markets are the ultimate in regulation. Only the best medical / financial / education systems survive. In order for them to survive, they must be cost efficient. Libertarians are against government regulation, where a handful of people set regulation by force.


mylifesoundsnice

>Free markets are the ultimate in regulation. Only the best medical / financial / education systems survive. In order for them to survive, they must be cost efficient. If you actually believe this, then you should also think that the "statist" or "authoritarian" ideas that frequently reach the top of this subreddit are really good ideas. After all, they survived in the free market of ideas that is this forum, so they *must* be good!


trevorm7

Sounds like you're a statist then. I prefer absolute free speech with lots of verbal conflict, eventually sane ideas will rise to the surface. When you stop or manipulate verbal communication and conflict you end up with physical conflict down the road. We're already seeing the late stages of that.


[deleted]

[удалено]


trevorm7

It's an equivalent but at a different level of the hierarchy. You expect an authority to clean things up beyond keeping things on-topic instead of the individuals choosing and filtering what they see, approve and participate with.


[deleted]

[удалено]


trevorm7

It is force when those higher on the hierarchy limit your ability to participate in the system rather than the other participants making known and filtering what they find acceptable or unacceptable. That's what upvote/downvote and blocking is for. Those higher on the hierarchy should just use guidance, not force.


Thehusseler

From where does a hierarchy gain its authority if not by some form of force?


[deleted]

[удалено]


AlphaTangoFoxtrt

Admin removal, warning


crobert33

Isn't the libertarian response to this to just buy reddit or something?


DeepProgram1066

Also start our own internet.


crobert33

u/ifuckinglovetahdig Your comment is gone?


IFuckingLoveTahdig

Yeah, it's gone. Hilarious how I am being censored on r/libertarian. Do I need to remind the mod of this sub that Donald Trump lost the 2020 election?


crobert33

I wouldn't even think to check, but I saw the complaint thread. ** It's still libertarian if the automod does it** taps forehead


EagenVegham

lmao, what do you actually have to do to get banned here.


Itser12345

From what I’ve seen if you refute the head mod’s points you will sometimes get temporarily banned for “brigading”. If you try to bring it up they will permanently ban you.


shitpost_alarm

This happened a ton back in ~2016 when the sub was taken over by partisan shitheads


Toxcito

Hilarious when proclaimed libertarians have power trips. My sides might as well just live in outer space.


BenAustinRock

Spam reporting people seems to be the only thing I am aware of.


fizikz3

mods can tell who reports things?


BenAustinRock

Who do you think the report goes to?


fizikz3

the mods obviously but i didn't think it had a name attached


shitpost_alarm

Idk, seems a lot of people are trying to find the answer to that but aren't getting one


Six100Fourty2

That mod is an anti-communist. He thinks It's okay to kill people if they don't agree with his rigid definition of property rights. He and his fellow ilk have been trying to co-opt this sub for years. https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/f8tt18/comment/finwv31/ Edit: Please respond to this post to ensure that I am not shadow banned. I'm getting upvotes but no responses.


memesupreme0

Only admins can shadow ban as far as I know.


Six100Fourty2

Makes sense that admins would use their power to build a narrative on this sub. u/spez has said it himself he thinks he'll be a slaveowner in the post apocalyptic world if it ever happens.


memesupreme0

lmao


lemonjuice707

Test


Careless_Bat2543

>He thinks It's okay to kill people if they don't agree with his rigid definition of property rights. He uhhh, did not say that at all? He said that commies don't believe in gun rights, he never said anything close to "it's ok to kill people" in fact that is literally what he bans people for from this sub all the time.


Six100Fourty2

You do know there is a meme linked in his comment. If I share that meme here he will ban me. I know this because my ban for doing so is in the mod logs, search back to right before the 2020 election.


Careless_Bat2543

The meme is deleted.


Six100Fourty2

It was an image and quote referencing Rafael Gan-Ganowicz, guy was a typical Polak who owes his life to the Soviets but hates them.


Silverpathic

I'm fine with anti-communist ideals. Matter of fact libertarian is entirely anti communist. This sub is just a public hair from not being libertarian as it is. I was more libertarian conservative then I was federalist but libertarian is being muddled by liberal, Communist to ensure the "radical right" are divided in power. Let me say the ONLY way we will oust the current tyranny we have in place is to seek out the common enemy and converge into one on polling day. Idk if it's worth me even being here at times, the discussions tend to be trying to persuade libertarians into leftist thinking. Y'all need to wake up.


Six100Fourty2

>I'm fine with anti-communist ideals. >Let me say the ONLY way we will oust the current tyranny we have in place is to seek out the common enemy and converge into one on polling day. Bruh I think you need to stay asleep.


Silverpathic

Anti Communist is against libertarian. 😗 you realize what you just said right? 0 property rights, 0 rights. This sub is lost.


Dr_MntisToboggan

😗😗😙😙😚😚😘😘🍟🍆🍆💦💦💦💦👁️👁️


BewareHel

What the hell is it with conservative libertarians freaking out about leftist libertarians, acting like libertarianism wasn't originally a leftist ideology? Can we just do the TINIEST bit of research, please??


Thehusseler

It's the subset of Right-Libertarians that are just off-brand Trumpies. They first heard about libertarianism as "conservatives who 'actually' want small government and also like weed". And their brains work on a first-come-first-serve basis so whatever they heard first is absolute truth.


BewareHel

Oh god, you make a great point about first-come, first-serve. I'd never thought about it like that, but that really does explain the completely irrational reasoning.


Thehusseler

Unfortunately I learned that's how it works by half my family being that way. Glad you liked the description


Tensuke

Isn't that what you're doing? Libertarian ideology isn't allowed to be one thing because at one point in time it was something else? You're being just as resistant to change as you say they are.


Tensuke

The word libertarian wasn't originally leftist, either. It itself was co-opted by leftists who misunderstood liberty. It happens. Left libertarians aren't libertarians, because leftist ideology is inherently incompatible with liberty.


BewareHel

Could you provide examples of how leftist ideology is incompatible with libertarianism? My whole political framework started off with libertarianism and led directly into leftist thought, since freedom under capitalism is a commodity. Right libertarians that believe capitalism leads to ultimate freedom, and left libertarians believe democratic workplaces or regulated markets lead to ultimate freedom. Both lines of thinking still prioritize individual freedoms. Not sure what's anti-liberty there?


Tensuke

Capitalism is economic freedom. When someone owns materials and hires someone to work for them, that's made up of voluntary transactions, which is freedom of association. >democratic workplaces Are fine when they're voluntary, not when they're forced, because that doesn't respect freedom of association. >regulated markets Regulations which reduce individual liberty.


notoyrobots

> Y'all need to wake up. 9 out of 10 dentists agree - anybody who tells anyone to 'wake up' and see their point of view is likely full of shit.


Silverpathic

I don't want you to see my view. Oh hell no. Wake up to the disinformation being fed. Source your own info, just make sure it's not propaganda. I'm not strict anything. I fall more into federalist but bounce between the two... Libertarian is growing fast, and there are mixed info in this specific sub that leans hard left. You think for you. Just realize divided neither win.


Thehusseler

"trying to persuade libertarians into leftist thinking" This mofo don't know about left libertarians.


Tensuke

Left libertarians don't exist, leftism is incompatible with liberty.


HolyRedPenguin

Libertarian was originally used to describe libertarian socialists and libertarian communists (It was originally coined in the 1850's), and only began describing what you are describing when Murray Rothbard used it in his book "Betrayal of the American Right" in 1971-ish. I'm not saying language doesn't change, but Libertarian still describes socialist and communist movements outside of the US.


Tensuke

It was coined in the late 1700s and didn't refer to leftist ideology at all. It was used 50 years later to describe leftist beliefs. Outside of the US liberty is even less respected so I don't know why anybody cares what they think.


APComet

What a terrible comment you’ve made here


footinmymouth

I was banned because I replied with sources to people who had hogpiled onto the “ivermectin causes sterility in 85% of users” fake news bandwagon. They said I was “spamming”. I pointed out that I only replied to 3 people, who specifically asked for sources with exactly that; a source showing data on all 85 current Ivermectin studies.


Super-Branz-Gang

Yeah I got banned from a couple subs for providing sources like you did. Funny how I used only studies posted on the NIH, but I was banned for “misinformation” 🤣


footinmymouth

Exactly, you are castigated for “not checking sources”, but if you share sources of legitimate, real studies that don’t support the narrative then suddenly you are promoting misinformation. The pernicious thing about that whole Ivermectin fiasco is that the article sourced one study, from 2012 that cited an older, unlinked study for the gasp/click inducing headline stat of “85%”.


Crack_City_Rockers

Based and hogpilled Lolbirtarians are the worst and mod team won’t change. Same bullshit.


Silverpathic

I was banned on a science sub for (man with a mask image painted on his face) saying "good for him!" I don't want to be in any sub that's an echo chamber for anyone or ideal. It's what this is becoming. Just read Democrat, communist, liberal threads and its being done with intent here.


Super-Branz-Gang

Reddit has taught me that the more a post is downvoted, the more likely the person is speaking truth. So go on with your bad self LOL (and no, I am not mocking you. I actually agree 120%)


thomasthemassy

Brigade.


SARS2KilledEpstein

Get caught brigading or violate the Reddit rules to the point the Admins step in.


sholt1142

You have to disagree with one particular mods view of libertarianism.


Congregator

I didn’t realize we even banned people, by “we” I mean those in power... which are obviously not me


DeepProgram1066

There are people in power?


Greggywerewolfhunt

Commit wrong think which is then labelled as 'brigading' as thats a convenient excuse for lazy shit head admins?


Careless_Bat2543

The ban discussion thread is out of date


shitpost_alarm

Is there a new one? I can't find it.


Fat-N-Furiou5

It's okay I got banned from bad cop no donut for pointing out in the video of the guy punched the officer in a throat and then tried to grab his gun. I'll scream FTP along with anyone else there but they were making a crusade out of some nonsense because the cop flipped the guy onto his back and sent them to the ground by his neck. Actually it was a pretty good move... Then I got banned from ask the Donald for mentioning bump stocks


APComet

I got banned for saying ACAB or something to that effect, that sub isn’t really well moderated. That sub also doesn’t claim to promote free speech or anything like that. The mods, or should I say foxtrt, claims to.


AmnesicAnemic

I feel like people troll that sub by posting videos like that there, too. lol


bearsheperd

People who are bots or have hacked accounts get removed I know this


Itser12345

I have been reached out to by others also stating they’ve been banned and muted for no reason. I even went through the mod logs and looked and it seemed to me the mods ban people who refute their points. It’s especially disappointing in this sub where the mods claim to allow free discussion. Hopefully a mod can explain why.


shitpost_alarm

PM from a banned user >The r/Libertarian moderators aren't just banning people overtly, they're using the automod as well. Over the past year they've flagged people for the automod to filter out as spam, automatically deleting posts from what they consider undesirables. The victims of this don't usually find out, as they can still post, and they're given no notifications at all that their posts are being deleted > >It's a sort of a "soft" ban, to better enable a slow and quiet removal of people the moderator team doesn't approve of. You'll find evidence by checking the mod logs, specifically where the automoderator has removed posts flagged as spam. > >The first time I realized what was happening, they bought my silence by allowing my posts to be seen again. The second time I told them that there was no price they could pay to keep me quiet. > >So they banned me for brigading. > >I suspect you'll be joining us soon.


[deleted]

[удалено]


thomasthemassy

Yeah this sounds amazing to me.


DeepProgram1066

I just dug through the automod logs for as long as i could stand, and the spam removals are obvious spam (as in, they're rapid posts to the sub), or the absolutely ret....... Stupid ban because of a word about clinically deficient mental capabilities.


gmoneyballs95

The last paragraph sounds straight from a movie lmao


APComet

Look through foxtrt’s comments you’ll see he’s also removing posts, claiming they have no direct Libertarian angle. “Off topic” he says as he censors every post painting Conservatives in a bad light. I’ll edit this comment to link some in 4 posts he took down + 1 of his own posts https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/pqsai4/libertarian_mask_of_conservatives/hdgmd47/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3 https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/pqu30b/trump_calls_for_georgia_to_decertify_election_no/hdglyil/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3 https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/pqxug5/how_the_fuck_did_biker_gangs_rednecks_and_outlaw/hdg3e4q/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3 You can see on the same post there he goes on this weird tirade, then takes the post down as it clearly offended him. https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/pnqyro/why_would_trump_run_for_office_again_if_he_knows/hcrvr4s/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3 He takes all of those down while posting things like this https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/p1shn3/new_york_gov_andrew_cuomo_resigns/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf And while I see no issue with this post and think it should be on the sub, there is no direct libertarian angle. It’s inconsistent for him to post this while taking other posts down. I just want him to stop taking down good posts about the news, even if there is no “direct” Libertarian angle.


FateEx1994

He's probably an R/GoldAndBlack and R/conservative soyboy.


AmnesicAnemic

Unironically.


APComet

Woah woah woah let’s not push him into *shivers* r/Conservative I don’t think he’d ever be that bad. But if I remember correctly he does mod some right lib subs, maybe goldandblack, definitely the meme sub


[deleted]

[удалено]


APComet

Literally all of your posts here are generic news posts, it’s good, it gives us something to discuss. We build our opinions from these posts and build up the party. If we don’t talk about the happenings of the day then how could we expect the people of the day to vote for us?


[deleted]

[удалено]


APComet

This shows another problem, this disagreement we’re having on if there’s a direct Libertarian angle or not. It’s subjective.


JakeBumppo

Yeah, I got banned by that mod. I posted something that no reasonable person would interpret as racist, and the mod responded with a link to Reddit policy and no explanation. I replied asking for clarification and got banned put of the blue. I asked why via message, and the mod responded that I violated Reddit rules by "boiling things down to race." Then, of course, the dickless wonder muted me. Dude's a petty tyrant. I just wish there were some actual consequences to abusing power and then lying about Reddit rules.


poolandapondforyou

What did you say?


TalionTheRanger93

They banned me for 3 day's for accurately reporting harrasment, and the person I reported ended up getting banned from reddit. When I asked them why they banned me they where condescending dicks about it. Then when I brought forth the prooof that it was harrasment they ignored it, where even more condescending, and muted me. Some subreddits just have bad moderators. Take r/politics for example, and R/Libertarian is just another one of those subs.


Cato208

Sounds like a few bad apples. Mods here seem like they are hands free, which is good.


FateEx1994

One of them Permanent Ban Reason: "He asked for it" Does R/Libertarian have watermelon mods who are actually Full on Fascist? Lol


SARS2KilledEpstein

When that's the description it usually is in response to one of the post where a user literally says, "ban me".


[deleted]

Weird, I didn't even think there were mods here lol Didn't seem like an echo chamber to me, but I guess the mods are just slow/lazy?


shitpost_alarm

Seems like it's one specific mod that's handing out a vast majority of the bans


[deleted]

Ah, is your friend right leaning by any chance? I've seen far leftists infiltrate into positions of power and fuck up communities a lot, especially over the past decade lol. Righties don't seem to censor intellectual diversity (much at least, Gab has Satanist groups etc), weirdly it's almost always on the side that's meant to be "liberal" that's intolerant.


notoyrobots

> Righties don't seem to censor intellectual diversity Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Right wing subs ban at the very first sign of dissent.


[deleted]

Examples? I'll test them out. I don't believe you for a fucking second tbh.


Terratoast

Here ya go, https://imgur.com/a/forc90E#ulb1pBu My own ban for "endorsing election fraud" in the conspiracy reddit when I disagreed with the rhetoric of the subreddit. Note that I got muted from messaging them when I requested which rule I had broken and which comment the rule was broken in.


[deleted]

Huh, haven't been in conspiracy. I imagine it's a fucking cesspit given how partisan everything is, and how suppressed certain topics commonly are. Maybe I should go question some of their sacred cows though haha, do you have the post/comment that they banned you for btw? Does seem like you got banned for going against group think. I love how idiots think they can determine intent from next to nothing. And wow, you actually got mods to respond to you through those appeal things? The most I think I've gotten is like 5 words then a month mute lol, usually "troll" and a mute or no reply at all.


Terratoast

>Huh, haven't been in conspiracy. I imagine it's a fucking cesspit given how partisan everything is, and how suppressed certain topics commonly are. A subreddit has the right to be a cesspit. If the subreddit doesn't want any Democraft/Republican/Liberal/etc they have the right to set those rules. But what firmly irked me was the complete disregard for their own rules. The moderators themselves are corrupt. > do you have the post/comment that they banned you for btw? As explained, the answer was never given to me. So no. >And wow, you actually got mods to respond to you through those appeal things? I had to private message the first mod you see there, /u/assuredlyathrowaway, before they responded to the mod message. At first I considered that mod to be reasonable but for them to see that back and forth and not do anything about it they're just as complicit (and the terrifying thing is they're a moderator of dozens of subreddits). I don't have the logs anymore from the Conservative subreddit, but I'm banned from there as well. I got banned for commenting on a thread that they later made "flair only" after I had already had a discussion there.


[deleted]

Oh yeah, I don't want to ban cesspits or anything. Where would all the rats flood to? No no, I just don't often willingly step into piles of shit without a good enough reason lol. My dad goes deep on the conspiracy shit, lizardman illuminati level, it's really tedious to keep dragging them back to being logically consistent. Lame, would've been interesting to see what triggered that mod so much lol I don't do guilt by association personally. There's plenty of other reasons to not intervene with other mods (especially when you don't know the context) and who knows, maybe they talked to other more sympathetic mods about it privately. "flair only"? What? I'm gonna need a translation there. I remember my first ban, heard about a warhammer roleplay rip off in a piracy sub. They were highly critical of this "woke ripoff that abuses copyright", so I had a skim and posted an honest question. \~90% of the replies were just outright hostile/personal attacks, mostly just accusations, \~5% were hesitant but still cagily answered (read like they had a gun to their heads lol) and a handful of others were actually friendly and honest. Moderator banned me within 24 hours lol. Last (manual) one was from.. World news? I think. Something like that. I said "All Humans are literally primates though", in a post about some facebook algorithm offending some people with no real problems and a mod called me a "troll" as the reason and never replied.


Terratoast

>I don't do guilt by association personally. There's plenty of other reasons to not intervene with other mods (especially when you don't know the context) and who knows, maybe they talked to other more sympathetic mods about it privately. Seeing as the moderator directly took part in the conversation, it's no longer association, it's deliberately looking away from the problem. > "flair only"? What? I'm gonna need a translation there. On the /r/Conservative subreddit, moderators can mark threads as "flaired users only". Flairs can only be given out by the moderators when you've proven to them that you're a conservative there. "flairs" meaning the same thing as your "Laveyan Ancap" tag but subreddits can control whether it's something only moderators apply to users or something the user can set themselves (like in this subreddit).


notoyrobots

>I don't believe you for a fucking second tbh. Cool story bro, but conservative, republican, and former holes like T_D subs banning anyone who says anything anti conservative is so well known that your denial must mean you're either a troll or completely partisan.


[deleted]

Cute, but no. Also I think I can see why people would want to ban you lmao, toxic and fragile little creature that you are. Run along now, kthx.


notoyrobots

Ahhh, you're blatant partisan and a willfully blind tool then.


[deleted]

headpat.gif


notoyrobots

You seriously reported my post as self harm? Pathetic. Block list it is then. And nothing of value was lost.


JakeBumppo

I don't know where you are getting that impression, Senator McCarthy. This mod is a righty. Righties don't censor intellectual diversity? Are you joking? Swim against the current on r/conservative and see what happens.


[deleted]

>almost always > >don't seem > >much at least How many qualifiers do you need to not build a pathetic strawman? And sure, i'll give it a go. Reddit is overwhelmingly left leaning, and the echo chambers that I've seen have literally all been left wing. The right wing ones I've been a tourist in, even when I get hundreds of downvotes, don't ban.


JakeBumppo

I don't know who you are quoting. What the fuck are you talking about?


notoyrobots

Dude is a few fries short of a happy meal, who knows what he's on about?


[deleted]

Myself, you dumb twat. Maybe read what you're replying to in the future, might help your little brain not be so confused.


JakeBumppo

I suppose I never anticipated that your response would be that you never said anything at all and never made an actual claim. Obviously bullshit, but whatever. Troll away little child.


craftycontrarian

Lol, you quoted yourself and then asked how many qualifiers (that were your own) the other person needed to not build a strawman? Were you or were you not making an assertion, qualified or not? You are quite possibly (see what I did there) the dumbest fuck I've encountered in a while.


APComet

Foxtrot is right lib. Left lib mods aren’t as “active” he’s pretty much the only one doing this shit in this sub. Maybe you’re the baddies?


[deleted]

I'm ancap, not right. Just an observation, no need to get butthurt because I've noticed your team sucks and is excessively illiberal.


APComet

I’m not “butthurt” about anything, you’re just biased.


[deleted]

Hahhahah, sure thing little one. "Black Panther Party" tagged person calling other people biased, sure lmfao


APComet

You just assumed that foxtrt was left leaning because he’s censoring posts. But I’m biased because of my flair? Hilarious.


The_True_Libertarian

This user reports people for self-harm when they disagree with him. They're a literal child, no need to engage.


APComet

It keeps getting funnier, he got banned for false reports. I take it all back foxtrt 💛 I never meant it when I said unmod foxtrt, he’s the only mod doing shit in this sub, the only one that cares about this sub. With all the inactive mods he practically top mod anyway. I just want the [old foxtrot](https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/khlvv8/my_penis_is_like_donald_trump/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf) back! 🥺🥺


APComet

It got even funnier! u/Sui_ci_de is gone! 🦀 🦀 🦀


Itser12345

None of the mods really say much or interact. If you look through the mod logs you’ll see it’s pretty much one mod who bans everyone. If you dig through the accounts he bans you’ll see a lot of them are questionable bans. I started looking through the accounts he bans for brigading and lots of them have been active in this sub for months or years. I don’t think you can be brigading a sub you’ve been active in for months or years.


[deleted]

Yeah, sounds like a different motivation. I see "troll" get used as a dismissive blanket ban more frequently though, as if intent is magically that easy to determine from text. Likely partisan, maybe single issue. I think the only times i've been accused of brigading, it was from bots that were focused on guilt by association (I like edgy/dark humor, sue me). Cba to delve into it personally, if they dislike me enough to ban me I'll just find somewhere that's less of an echo chamber lol


Itser12345

You’re free to disagree with me and that’s fair if you think there’s a different motivation but the fact is people are being banned for brigading who aren’t brigading. If there’s a legitimate reason to ban them why is the mod lying about the reason. I think that’s the biggest issue here, I want transparency.


[deleted]

Wait. What am I disagreeing with? I didn't say a legitimate reason, just as they clearly aren't brigading then it's very unlikely to be down to that so it's more likely to be down to something else lol


Itser12345

My mistake I misunderstood. I thought when you said different motivation you meant a different legitimate reason. I now see you meant a different reason than they stated. Let me know if I’m still understanding you wrong.


[deleted]

Yeah that sounds right lol, I was mostly just agreeing that moderators (at least the ones I've deal with) rarely ban with legit reasons. They just shut you down with assertions, then mute you when you're like "Wtf?"


I-collect-dick-pics

> Weird, I didn't even think there were mods here lol I mean, someone has to keep this place from turning into /b/ or /pol/


[deleted]

I guess? I've seen far more auth left tourists than I have people even resembling Libertarian tbh, doesn't seem like a very regulated group.


I-collect-dick-pics

I was mostly just remarking on completely unregulated boards, not making a political statement, unless of course unregulated boards bring out one kind of politics more than others


[deleted]

Oh, 4chan has mods.


APComet

They’re talking about 4chan, it’s mostly racist right authoritarians, I’m sure this sub would be similar if not for the automod removing comments with slurs


[deleted]

Yes yes, i'm sure the whole world is "racist right authoritarians" to you lmfao.


APComet

No, have you been on 4chan? They’re notorious for it.


APComet

u/doughboy011


[deleted]

[удалено]


APComet

They were banned and werent given any reason. They were muted when they asked for a reason. If it can happen to them it can happen to you. unmod foxtrt


[deleted]

[удалено]


APComet

One? Did you not read the post? People are getting banned for no good reason. We need new moderators. I’m not saying “just get rid of moderation entirely” I’m saying 1 of the moderators is getting ban happy. If I don’t like someone’s post I should block them. Foxtrt shouldn’t protect us from the meanie trolls. If I don’t like someone’s posts I’ll block them if need be. Something foxtrt once advocated for. Now he does the blocking for you. You don’t get a choice anymore and that doesn’t seem very Libertarian to me.


APComet

Oh now you can’t read the post, foxtrt probably removed it. GG the people lose.


BillCIintonIsARapist

LOL


shitpost_alarm

PM I got from a banned user: >Here are all the shadowbans I have found. Unfortunately in the last few days some spam bots(u/BTCisarac > and u/Glad-Ad2889)are interfering with my ability to read the logs. > >These are the users I have found that have been illegitimately(IMO) purged from this subreddit, many of them message the mods afterwards and are instantly muted. Using these links and the public mod log(https://modlogs.fyi/r/Libertarian) you can see their "transgressions". > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/prsety/aoc_introduces_amendment_to_halt_us_arms_sale_to/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/pr12lm/almost_everybody_spends_most_of_their_life_living/hdgqw05/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/prdzn4/businesses_have_the_right_to_set_their_own/hdhy79x/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/plowik/some_republicans_urge_companies_to_openly_rebel/hccfcwx/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/pfavlx/banned_from_rcommunism101/hb38006/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/og4t78/libertarians_what_other_beliefs_do_you_have_that/h4hjlaj/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/og86un/no_one_can_let_the_socialists_or_confederates/h4hhdbl/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/o63arg/as_libertarians_of_the_21st_century_we_should/h2r9ioe/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/nvfmma/trump_says_more_countries_should_ban_twitter/h13x5bi/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/oz8q9e/amazons_power_will_only_keep_expanding_in_the/h88ekn0/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ow0ta5/dr_anthony_fauci_says_he_expects_no_new_us/h7g7b0r/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ox3905/can_someone_please_explain_why_open_carry_is_seen/h7kb750/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ovdyu9/so_ben_shapiro_released_a_book_is_there_a/h7hdla3/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ox5osj/how_has_the_pandemic_changed_your_views_on/h7lhkb4/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ow0ta5/dr_anthony_fauci_says_he_expects_no_new_us/h7g7b0r/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/olrtg2/biden_on_unvaccinated_theyre_killing_people_if/h5gbgnf/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ntijlj/democratic_lawmaker_calls_for_gender_equality_in/h0sdj5o/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/nvfmma/trump_says_more_countries_should_ban_twitter/h13x5bi/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ojdp7t/if_you_believe_in_free_markets_then_stop_using/h514ici/?context=10 > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/og86un/no_one_can_let_the_socialists_or_confederates/h4hhdbl/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/of3al9/us_taxpayers_may_have_to_pay_15_billion_in/h4a0pv8/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/o11quj/biden_admin_wants_americans_to_report_radicalized/h20vvvn/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/o5w7sg/us_senate_democrats_unite_but_election_reform/h2p6bj3/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/oawgzq/since_princeton_university_is_removing_woodrow/h3lcopf/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/mc6bkt/biden_administration_urges_supreme_court_to_let/gs1tst8/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/oab7ep/is_the_fear_of_voter_fraud_because_people_voting/h3gsycb/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/kpjfa5/cato_vs_mises_institute/gys5vhf/ > >https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/o9n0c9/number_of_unemploymentbenefit_recipients_is/h3dwx6o/


Itser12345

Here’s an Imgur link with a questionable ban. https://imgur.com/a/5H5vvfg


dci91

The mods need to realize that bans are for punk ass bitches especially when it's because of a political opinion on a political subreddit and they need to fuck off and let people talk. Nice talking with you I guess I'll be stuck with ancoms and ancaps. Lol


Toxcito

o7 see you on the other side


dci91

Lol still here dundundun


ObnoxiousDrunk

I got banned from r/goldandblack for calling out the head mod on his anti Semitic posts. Goooooood times


corndog2021

This sub is an absolute joke


Polikonomist

We need to develop a bill of rights for subreddits


notpepetho

Seems pretty authoritarian to me. Just saying.


[deleted]

[удалено]


notpepetho

au·thor·i·tar·i·an /əˌTHôrəˈterēən/ adjective favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.


[deleted]

[удалено]


notpepetho

You're right. But their methods are still authoritarian.


GShermit

Is there a higher authority than a subredit mod?


nullsignature

Our father Jesus Christ


Breakintheforest

The Father, the Son, and the Sub Mod.


Duck_Duck_Quack

Can I get an amen?


poolandapondforyou

Admin.


alegxab

The admins, but they very rarely appear unless a specific sub's getting Reddit as a whole a lot of bad press on the media


GShermit

But there's no way for one to contact them, for a judgement, is there?


thomasthemassy

I knew there must have been a purge because a lot of the obvious brigaders have been absent lately, and... I see them on that list! Not only that, but u/Terr_ and u/Concentrated_Lols both got banned today and they were two users that I had suspected of being alt-accounts for previously banned users. I'm literally rock hard right now... I'm guessing your friend is LimerickExplorer? How about you tell him he is free to create his own subreddit if he wants a platform.


APComet

Nah I remember you, you’re on an alt account right now


thomasthemassy

What is my main?


APComet

Good question


notoyrobots

> they were two users that I had suspected of being alt-accounts for previously banned users. Pot, meet kettle.


thomasthemassy

I've never been perma-banned.


notoyrobots

Whatever you say, 7 week old account that has apparently been around long enough to "suspect accounts of being alts for banned users"


thomasthemassy

I've been here for over a year with different accounts. I tend to purge them after a while though.


Itser12345

I don’t think anyone would care if it was just alts and brigaders being banned, but I’ve seen multiple users who have been here for months or years be banned simply for arguing with AlphaTangoFoxtrt. Sometimes they don’t even argue, they just point out something that’s flat out wrong.


thomasthemassy

Proof or BS


[deleted]

[удалено]


shitpost_alarm

He's a troll, don't waste time on him.


thomasthemassy

send me imgur links in a message


VacuousVessel

Yes. They can just make their own sub and chat with themself. Back to the dungeon with ye!


thomasthemassy

If it was good enough for Parler it's good enough for redditors. You don't even have to make your own website!


pat_speed

Man, Nothing says libertarianism more then getting angry people and banning any one who disagree's with you