Ethereum developers propose to postpone difficulty bomb until May 2022
By - vincentmaher
Good bye any MSRP priced video cards :-(
Cry me a river
Good news, just yesterday I went online with my finally built 12 GPU miner... I may get a positive ROI after all... LOL;p)
Any GitHub link?
Edit: found this https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-4345
That was actually super informative. Seems they are worried about exactly what I thought they were, difficultly being to high when miners drop off the blockchain and the staking infrastructure can’t handle it. They don’t outright come out and say that, they just reference difficulties, but it’s the only thing that makes sense in my mind.
its like launching a plane in mid air and changing the engine while you are in the sky flying. reckless
Or maybe they could try not hugging so many trees and keep us around. We're the workers who've kept this thing going, spent our money investing in this Blockchain and they're summarily firing us with not so much as a thank you.
Uh you do realize that Ethereum has the eventual move to PoS written in the original 2014 whitepaper? It is your own fault if you did not know what you were mining.
Yep, sure do.
I'm going to stake, I'm not letting the door hit me in the ass, but it still is going to suck.
I think a severance package is in order. ![gif](emote|free_emotes_pack|joy)
Excuse me if I'm being dumb, but what does difficulty have to do with staking? They're two separate instances or am I wrong?
What does it matter what level the difficulty is when staking is implemented?
You have no idea what you're saying. The beacon chain is running alongside the PoW chain right *now*. The move to PoS is 100% instant and there is no technical or logical reason why it wouldn't be
So much incorrect information here, please educate yourself further before confidently misinforming strangers.
I reckon there would be ROI on a new rig bought today based on this timeframe plus a little more delay and a price increase at the end.
If they do push it back when can we expect to get confirmation on this? It's just under discussion right now - right?
There's no way they hit their target and not delaying it kills eth. The delay is happening one way or the other.
Good news for me lol, in process of building my miner, just waiting for my frame too show up
Thank christ for that, I've been waiting a month for my PSU and CPU to arrive!!!
This eip can still change right? Status: Draft
It will most likely be finalized at the end of this week during the next ACD call
Great, hopefully it doesn't change much then :)
Still new to mining, so this means a delay in eth 2.0, which means more time to mine?
I want to know also.
This proposal would mean more time to mine, yes. But this is a proposal, it is not fully accepted by Ethereum yet. Though in my opinion, it's highly likely to be accepted as Eth is simply not ready for the difficulty bomb this December.
New to mining ETH. Should crack 1 ETH with the next payout. Doing some RVN too.
Noob question: If this gets delayed, what the effect on ETH and RVN?
ETH to the moon... RVN stays flat... Just guessing;) LOL
Ravencoin to continue benefitting from the peeling off ETH
Yes ravencoin will go out the roof
It’s better news for Solana
neat. i already have a few builds planned that are looking at \~8+/- months for ROI
Funny I just switched to solo raven. Maybe I should wait.
that's the sound of money
ack ack ack ack