Thought I’d share my latest painting of the endangered whale shark, ‘Resurgam’.
By - sophiestrails
I like how if you look a it upside down it looks like the whale is doing an awesome flip at sunrise.
Flipped my phone to test. Was not disappointed.
Flipped my TV. Was not disappointed.
Flipped myself. Was not disappointed.
Flipped my house. Was not disappointed.
In this market ya I bet.
Went to Australia. Was not disappointed.
Flipped my phone. Image automatically flipped back upright. Was definitely disappointed 😞
Flipped myself to check. Wasn’t disappointed.
The neck hurts though.
Confirmed. Looks cool upside down but I flipped backward and busted my glass coffee table. Totally worth it
It also kind of looks like he’s being abducted by a UFO.
“Beam me up, sharky”
It's not a whale, it's a shark!
Beautiful painting. My son is currently finishing his scuba certification before heading off to college for marine biology (focus on sharks). We just yesterday bought him the whale shark scuba experience at the Georgia aquarium! The timing of this post makes me feel like good things are coming. Here’s to doing everything possible to get all shark numbers back to where they should be! Beautiful work!
Okay, Reddit. Don’t do the thing.
It’s already done
And this is why everyone ever makes fun of reddit.
Long list of Reddit double standards hypocrisy on **men posing with their artwork**:
>And this is why everyone ever makes fun of reddit.
More reasons and hypocrisy from 👌 subreddits like dankmemes, actualpublicfreakouts, trueoffmychest, JoeRogan, u TheAtheistArab87 / mvpeast / wod979 / other alts:
* Caring about women's sports when it's to try to drive a wedge on LGBT https://www.reddit.com/r/AreTheStraightsOK/comments/lz7nv3/the_super_straight_movement_is_part_of_literal/
* Caring about LGBT if it's about Muslims
* Caring about Muslims if it's about China
* Suddenly caring about racism against Asians to push as many "minorities behaving badly" videos as possible to rile up reactions to minorities (https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/ljjdhv/rjoerogan_suddenly_cares_a_lot_about_racism/gndprju/) even though they still make fun of Asians and are still riling up racism against Asians (https://www.reddit.com/r/RacismAgainstAsians/comments/m8bi2z/steven_crowder_political_commentator_known_for/) ￣\＿(ツ)＿/￣
* "Save the children" and child abuse [mostly by Republicans](https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitPoppinKreamSays/comments/980slo/gop_sex_child_sex_abuse_list/) (Not on the list: [Republican Matt Gaetz whose Cuban houseboy "helper" "adopted son" was 12 years old when "adopted" and when Matt Gaetz was 18 his ex was 12 years old when her brother (this houseboy "helper" "adopted son") was born](https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/mcqhqz/utheclumsy1_summarizes_the_two_possibilities_of/))
* "[Cancel culture!](https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHumor/comments/iowh8a/conservatives_when_claiming_liberals_are_easily/)" and "[~~California~~ Texas triggered sensitive snowflakes!](https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/llci05/outrage_in_radviceanimals_at_a_meme_mocking_texas/gnpds8k/?context=3)"
* "Pro-life" but against children's health programs and parroting Texas hurt feelings talking points about California [despite all the statistics showing California's superiority on "life" and children](https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/m1dt10/city_of_austin_will_defy_texas_governor_and_keep/gqf10ib/?context=3)
* siding with billionaires, bullies, the powerful, police abuse by the state and government overreach (https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/mywpmu/ready_for_the_pop_here_comes_the_pop_cops_laugh/gvze1up/) which they claim they need guns for but crying about a "police state" because of wearing masks to protect others and save lives, "law and order" when it applies to the poor and disenfranchised but not to white collar crimes or consequences for their actions
* "politically correct" "culture war" like [censoring Kaepernick](https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/opinion/colin-kaepernick-nfl.html) or "Freedom Fries" or [Dixie Chicks, or Nike, Starbucks, the NFL, Ford, Gillette, Netflix, Amazon, Hamilton, Nordstrom, K-Cup machines, Yeti, movies, videogames, the press, SNL, award shows, ...they literally tried canceling democracy](https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/ldec9w/examples_of_republicans_projecting_their_cancel/)
* Flag protocol! not on camouflage flag bikinis or thin blue line truck nuts but only [selective outrage at those football games that protest police abuse](https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/opinion/colin-kaepernick-nfl.html)
* "free speech"
* "safe space"
* "[victimhood complex](https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/na7zs9/ucadbunny87_laments_being_associated_with/)"
* "personal accountability"
* "law and order"
* "silent majority"
* "big government"
* "wasteful spending"
* "welfare queens" and subsidies
* "moving goal posts"
* "control the narrative"
* "too much tribalism" and "politics shouldn't be sports teams"
* "cry more"
* "outrage culture"
* "virtue signalling"
* "[identity politics](https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/m1izsz/activist_milo_yiannopoulos_is_now_exgay/gqdx1s6/)"
* Using "token minority" [Andy Ngo](https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/m088vl/extensive_examples_of_conservative_influencer/), [Ian Miles Cheong](https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/comments/m0gx12/you_can_still_breathe_idiot/), Lee Fang, Wesley Yang, Candace Owens, [Dave Rubin](https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/m33qvp/dave_rubin_admits_that_the_reason_he_hasnt_left/gqmr2pd/), [Milo Yiannopouloss](https://www.reddit.com/r/ToiletPaperUSA/comments/ln1g0c/milo_yiannopouloss_emails_a_cache_of_documents/), [Ben Shapiro](https://www.reddit.com/r/ToiletPaperUSA/comments/ln1sif/turning_point_usa_and_young_americas_foundation/) to "push the narrative" even though they're only doing it as bad faith grifters
* "Libertarian" Ben Shapiro riling up support for monarchy and Prince Phillip "simply because a monarchy was accused of racism and racism must be defended at all costs" https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/m0k6g0/when_was_ben_shapiro_pro_monarchy/?sort=top
* "Libertarian" Joe Rogan stans "frothing" about transgender student athletes and parroting Fox News talking points about "a small, inconsequential and vulnerable part of society" https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/n9bn2x/uforgottencalipers_explains_the_hypocrisy_of/
* "unpopular opinions" by r/AsABlackMan with "as a cool LGBTQ, I'm sick of pro-LGBTQ things like you are," "as a black man, injustices and abuse in America shouldn't be discussed as much," "AS A FEMALE," "as a Chinese, dogwhistling racism about China is okay because we're bad" with more than 10,000 upvotes from white men on *r unpopularopinions* or *r trueoffmychest*
* "Whatever you do don't read *r politics*"
* *r news* downvoting actual top news and upvoting Fox News stories like a local crime story in a blue state preferably California preferably involving a mugshot of a black person, a bad transgender made all transgender look bad, a veteran in a red state won the lottery/found a jewel at a Chick-fil-a, gun fantasies of someone using a gun in one of their dream burglar scenarios and not all the shootings of family members and suicides in America, even though *r news* bans "political" news, but Fox News stories with an agenda are not "political"
* *r mapporn* and *r dataisbeautiful*: pushing any racial maps and racial data or obsessions with 👌 reclaiming Prussia and Rhodesia 👌
* *r mapporn* and *r dataisbeautiful*: selectively care whether the map is truly "porn" or the data is truly "beautiful" on inconvenient political posts showing how deadly the pandemic is or if red states look bad
* "We're inconsistently outraged by the slam verb choice or passive voice grammar used in the article headline if it's a post that goes against the narrative and this shows all journalists have evil intent against traditional values and western civilization because we can't argue anything else and even though journalists don't choose the headlines, but we approve of the passive voice for police shootings https://www.reddit.com/r/linguistics/comments/hy2z03/the_curious_grammar_of_police_shootings_when/
* "I hate Trump as much as the next guy but can we not be exposed to politics" because of these conservative talking points that support Trump from an account that is always going on about politics
* "I'm normally pretty leftist but" here are conservative billionaire talking points about today's culture war being pushed by Fox News and right "influencers" on Twitter, like Mike Cernovich, [Steven Crowder](https://www.reddit.com/r/RacismAgainstAsians/comments/m8bi2z/steven_crowder_political_commentator_known_for/), Tim Pool, [Andy Ngo](https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/m088vl/extensive_examples_of_conservative_influencer/), [Ian Miles Cheong](https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/comments/m0gx12/you_can_still_breathe_idiot/), Wesley Yang, Candace Owens, [Dave Rubin](https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/m33qvp/dave_rubin_admits_that_the_reason_he_hasnt_left/gqmr2pd/), [Milo Yiannopouloss](https://www.reddit.com/r/ToiletPaperUSA/comments/ln1g0c/milo_yiannopouloss_emails_a_cache_of_documents/), [Ben Shapiro](https://www.reddit.com/r/ToiletPaperUSA/comments/ln1sif/turning_point_usa_and_young_americas_foundation/), Fox News, the Mercer billionaires, the Koch billionaires, PragerU
* "I suddenly don't care about environmental issues, corporate corruption, civil rights and I'm voting for Trump/Republicans now even though I was a liberal/communist Democrat" because of a single controversy like a Disney movie or [Joe Rogan pushing Texas talking points](https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/iwvunm/the_joe_rogan_experience_is_now_experiencing_the/g63iuvu/), but also these conservative talking points that show I never actually supported Democrats
* "hold the line brother" "mask off" cringe [recruiting tactics](https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/m1vcmk/rsuperstraight_has_been_banned_discuss_this/gqgkmyp/?context=3)
* "red pill" adults cosplaying as "based" teenagers ["hiding their power level"](https://medium.com/@DeoTasDevil/the-rhetoric-tricks-traps-and-tactics-of-white-nationalism-b0bca3caeb84) in *r politicalcompassmemes* and edgy "fellow youths amirite" meme subreddits like *r dankmemes*
>Hello Fellow Teenagers, Here Are Some Political Maymays For Your Perusal, With No Intention Or Agenda To Shape And Mold Your Tender Political Belief System
>-[signed, An Actual Teenager, No Really](https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/k3couc/a_meme_about_radicalization_is_posted/ge2jmz7/?context=3)
> Suddenly caring about racism against Asians to push as many "minorities behaving badly" videos as possible to rile up reactions to minorities
This one is especially egregious in subs like PublicFreakout. At one point they had purged most of their bigot members and it was back to being a normal sub, but the last couple of months the racists have returned in large numbers ... and you've noted exactly how.
Yeah look at her post history, she posted the same painting in multiple subs, in other subs the painting alone is posted and it doesn't even get a tenth of the same attention as with her in the same picture.
Man, simps be simping always. And most are not aware that's what they do.
On the real though I checked post history because of your comment and she is really talented. Some of those pieces are really nice. Wish I was that good at anything
Practice. Find something you like and start small, an hour a week or so. And then increase until eventually you get pretty good. That's it, it's just as simple as that, not necessarily easy, but fairly simple.
This reminds me of something that one of my friends always says. He is an incredibly talented violinist/composer etc. People always say things like "you are so lucky to be so good" and his response is something along the lines of "it's not luck it's practice."
Have a new hobby I'm doing just that with! Hopefully a new venture to enjoy for years to come
I follow Sophie on Twitter. Her work is incredible!
I think you need to account for the size and activity of the sub where she is getting the votes. When you look through her post history it seems the posts with smaller upvotes are in smaller subreddits. r/pics is a large subreddit and is frequently on the front page where r/originalpainting and r/sharks does not get as many eye balls. Either way she is talented and deserves so praise for her work.
Those subs are much smaller... she posted it on painting both with and without, and she got approximately the same
Did you go look at her post history? Yes this one is high but mostly she posts the picture alone. Humanizing the art with a face, pretty or not, makes it more interesting and adds reality to the work. More people are going to upvote it. The detail of her work is off the chart IMO. Everyone should go look at her other work.
You’re the best ♥️
Per this *male* artist that received 35k upvotes posing with his art, [it allows you to compare art with reality](https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/n6ysbj/ive_made_this_one_using_only_threads_and_nails/gxbczxz?context=1). Not everything involving a woman comes down to simping.
[Edit] [Here's several dozen more examples](https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/nbc93w/thought_id_share_my_latest_painting_of_the/gxywdso).
I really think it makes it more real, seeing the artist behind the art. I'll be honest I never really follow art on social media that much because every painting is just more beautiful than the next and I'm just left with thoughts of 'why can't I be this good' and I don't really focus on the art that much, but seeing the person who made it posing next to it just feels different. I'd like to think that's why people posing with their creations get more attention, not just because people are horny. It's nice to see the brain behind the art
That’s exactly something a simp would say!Someone get this man!
Reddit definitely likes seeing pretty girls next to some impressive piece of art. It’s literal clockwork.
Like you wind it up and hear it ticking?
>Reddit definitely likes seeing pretty girls
For sure. For sure.
I don't think it's simping. People are just more likely to upvote when the artist is in the picture. We see the same with men.
I like to upvote when the artist is in the picture because it makes me feel more confident it isn’t some repost for karma. Sure, I could do my own research, look through comments for the call outs, but it feels fine when an artist poses with their work too.
Step 1: Be attractive
Step 2: Don't be not attractive
That old dude who posts here a lot that does the psychedelic pictures wouldn’t *really* fall into that category and he’s super popular and always in the photos.
Damn I couldn't even get to step 1
I got step 1 down but can’t seem to master step 2
... Benedict Cumberbatch?
Maybe it's Maybelline
Bullshit. Theres a fuckton of average looking dudes getting mass upvotes by posing alongside their art.
Why are you upset by what she does or the people who upvote her? You know upvotes aren’t worth any money or anything right
Because reddit hates women and wants to fuck them at the same time.
the duality of man
Shout out to Christina Applegate
Do you even listen to Waka Flocka?
Now I'm screaming Riverdale everywhere I go
What, like /r/UNBGBBIIVCHIDCTIICBG/ ?
It’s really sad that when a beautiful woman does anything on Reddit, it is going to go a terrible direction.
Beautiful work, OP. I wish I was close to this talented
You just did it.
I hate that Whale Sharks are endangered.
I hate that this is how I found out they are endangered
I hate that anything is endangered
Biting insects are allowed -- *encouraged* -- to be endangered. Especially ones that carry diseases.
My three year old loves whale sharks. I hope he grows up in a world where they still exist.
I hope so too
That's actually really well painted. The surface of the water is really detailed, not to mention the shark it's self. It almost looks completely lifelike.
Thank you so much 🙏🏻🙏🏻
My brain: don't do it, don't do it, don't you fuckin do it.
Me: WHALE THATS GOOD ART.
It's overwhalemingly good.
OK, before you start to write "those" comments, go through these posts, maybe it will help you to recognise your biases.
Damn, at first I thought you were sharing like 5 examples but the list just kept scrolling
It took me about 5 hours just to reach your comment
Was it worth it
let me work it
I put my thang down, flip it and reverse it
Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gnaht ym tup I,
Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gnaht ym tup I
So THAT’S what she’s saying! Never knew, always wondered, never looked it up
It definitely was
Damn, had that shit locked and loaded
Because without fail every single time a woman posts herself with her art the comment section spergs the fuck out.
Which literally almost never happens with men.
That Frankie guy is the perfect example
People turned on him after it became obnoxious, but an autistic woman posting like he did would’ve been ripped apart the first post
I blocked his posts as soon as I started seeing them pop up.
Yeah I went directly to controversial in some of those and they're not shitting on the guy for including himself in the picture. But go to controversial here and surprise, there's a bunch of those types of comments.
>Yeah I went directly to controversial in some of those and they're not shitting on the guy for including himself in the picture. But go to controversial here and surprise, there's a bunch of those types of comments.
Probably because of [this meme](https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/photographing-something-you-want-to-show-everyone), with a dash of incel and a sprinkling of [confirmational bias.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias)
The meme you linked to is literally in a comment on this post lol.
Unattractive artists with attractive art still get a lotta love
A lot of men hate that attractive women exist and could be happy/know that they're attractive because those men ar ugly and sad about it.
From what I've seen it's usually people who point out stuff like "oh the simps will upvote and award this because of the GIRL" who are all the more likely to do the same thing.
Normal people just look at the art, say cool, and move on with their day. I've never bothered focusing on the person next to the artwork unless the title specifically says something about them. If you're just posing with your picture, you're about as insignificant in my perspective as an ant next to a Redwood tree.
"spergs".. Can we not say shit like this
Can you please not come to the defense of one vulnerable class by putting down another?
You’re right. Sorry
I saw a woman in a photo with a painting and thought about commenting.... About how I knew the comment section would be a shit show of man-children who are angry or being pervs. But I didn't. Tell now.
He’s been preparing for this moment his entire life
Thank you. It even helps people like me who didn't even realize I suffered from the same bias. Always thought the idea made sense, never judged women for it - much less criticize them publicly YIKES, but still, probably because it's brought up all the time, and my own male gaze, there's no denying that bias was there under the surface. Before this post I would have easily wagered that there weren't many men who pose with their paintings, and I was dead wrong. Thank you for highlighting it. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for being able to say “ah yeah shit, you got me” without it being a big deal.
Something we all share as humans, is that we make mistakes and can be wrong from time to time. Realizing it allows us to correct it.
“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing.”
Good for you. Being able take in new information and actually change your mind is hard to do and harder to admit.
Hey, good for you! You learned a thing about yourself!
Thanks for commenting this. We get *way* too many who don't realise this for themselves.
I'm happy with knowing that my wife should start posing with her own pictures to get more visibility for her art. :)
(not because she's a woman, but as the links attest to, the posts get more upvotes if the artist is also in the picture)
It also makes it harder to steal and repost the artwork, a watermark can be cropped out, but it’s more obvious when you try to crop out a whole person and the canvas is angled slightly
Yeah something about it being a real person you can see than a faceless person. Maybe makes it seem more authentic?
A picture is worth a thousand words
A picture of a person with their picture is worth a thousand words + how ever many words a person can say
It’s fundamentally cheating
Thank you for this. I love how long the list is for the sole reason that it nearly *forces* people to take notice and (hopefully) realize how much of a real problem this is for women that post their art. 👏👏
I appluad your dedication to link them all and surprised I went through the majority. There is some amazing artwork linked in this comment.
Came to say this. I’m more impressed at their effort to collect the links. It was way more than I anticipated but holy crap are some of them amazing artists.
Don't forget: you have the option to save links you want to with a category name, makes them easier to find them in order to add to the original, and you can edit original copy / copy contents / paste those contents into a new post (to keep all the formatting and links).
It really helps for occasions like this.
Agreed, I'm really happy this was posted.
It's almost like the people who make those comments have unhealthy perspectives about women or something
Edit: and watch way too much porn if they can't see a picture of a woman without immediately sexualizing them
Wonder if this will also help them recognize their bias around needing women to provide disproportionate amounts of proof to support our claims, even when it comes to something we all know is true. We prefer to also see who created the art.
Morgan Freeman narrator voice: It didn't.
Why is it always humans from Earth who paint these.
You should save this and link back for next time! Man some people are salty.
On topic though, I love the painting! I love the framing and the light with so much darkness around it—perfect.
I keep meaning to go back to painting but I’m so out of practice (I was never very good but I took some classes). You know how it is though, there’s never enough time with all the Reddit posts that need browsing and Netflix that needs watching.
Do you ever get days when you have to force yourself to be disciplined or go back to a painting? Or are you just in it until it’s done?
You rock the flannel hard! I love the painting!
Hahaha I am saving this. You're doing the lord's work
I want to upvote this a zillion times...
Absolutely excellent human-ing, great work
Damn, all these dudes are such whores. 😆
This should definitely be a turning point for this sub. Some how we need to pin this for everyone to see.
Thanks for doing all the legwork on this. Sad little chuds on this website get so wound up by women simply existing. My advice to them would be to get the fuck off the internet and go interact with people.
Fucking THANK you. People don’t realize when they comment about “Reddit doing its thing” they are actually ADDING to the harassment and sexism that the artist is facing, not helping her or siding with her. It pisses me off every time
I mean, tbf, I never think these are upvoted because the artists are attractive women.
I do feel bad that they’re probs going to get a lot more “now nudes pls” comments compared to some of the dudes who post their paintings with them in the picture.
Fucking owned the incel commenters lol
Way to go!
LOL, definitely premeditated murder. :)
There’s also r/picsofmenwiththings but it’s mostly dead because people don’t get all upset when it’s a male in the photo.
I effing love this! The Art Angel of Reddit, right here. Some of these are absolutely unbelievable!
Thanks for posting this, some of those are incredible and most I had never seen before. The banana painting is amazing and I want to hang it in my kitchen lol
God damn thats a lot of work! Updooted
You are my hero of the day for sharing this *anthology* of examples of how men are just allowed to exist without comment, a *privilege* not afforded to women...
Fun fact, "resurgam" is "magruser" backwards.
every 60 seconds in africa a minute passes
Makes u think
We really do be livin in a society sometimes
The wisest thing I ever heard.
100% of people exposed to dihydrogen monoxide will die.
100% of people will die.
Whale hello there
Oh yeah much better
A surprise to be shoal, but a whalecome one.
(Idk man, I tried)
cant wait to see this comment section locked
Cool I love the lighting of this, it’s eerie but also calming at the same time
Thank you so much! :)
You are welcome, have any plans for for next painting? Maybe work your way through the different whales 🐳 🐋
That is a stunning image. You are amazing. Great work.
I didn’t know whale sharks were endangered... thanks for the pretty picture though. It really is spectacular.
Sadly, they are! :( Hopefully not for long though! And thank you!
Did u ever think of adding a diver into the painting to show the awesome scale of that beast or something to identify its size? The painting is awesome either way.
Such a good idea!!
My thalassophobia is tingling a lil bit!
Great painting, fantastically talented!
I’m not a fan of deep water either to be honest ha! Thank you! 🙏🏻
Right?! There’s..... some interesting stuff down there...
I visited the Georgia aquarium over my spring break and got the opportunity to see these creatures in person. They’re amazing.
That's gotta be a damn big fish tank...
Oh it’s huge, biggest aquarium in America in pretty sure. The tank is larger than a football field iirc.
Probably still to small. :(
To the guys complaining about the artist putting herself in the picture;
She did post a picture of just the painting in several subreddits, about ten days ago. Those posts currently sit at sub 100 upvotes. Maybe the problem isn't the artists putting themselves in the pictures, maybe the problem is what people in general upvote.
Great piece OP! Love the way you worked with the lighting
I think it gives the post more context and makes it more interesting. Without the artist, it is "just a painting". This is /r/pics, not /r/art, after all. The picture itself is more interesting with the context of the artist and the location it was painted in. A "behind the scenes" kinda thing.
I see a Shark, I upvote.
Is it for sale?
I couldn't figure out how you were holding the canvas up with the back of your hand and then I saw the easel... Not one of my finest moments...
Truly awesome! Love the swimming to the light. Curious what’s behind the name?
Thank you so much! Resurgam is Latin for ‘I shall rise again’ (I’ve always loved weird little facts like that) and it symbolises the hope that whale shark numbers will rise, as well as the actual shark swimming towards the light. :)
Latin teacher stamp of approval. Excellent verb conjugation.
Well I feel like an idiot. My favorite gelato flavor at the place I go to is "sweet resurgam" and the display card just says "cocoa and nut with burnt sugar flavor". I thought resurgam was a culinary term for burnt sugar lol. Guess I'll have to cure this embarrassment with some gelato after work. Btw, incredible painting!
I got the chance to swim alongside one of these whale sharks during my visit to Western Australia. Truly brilliant and amazing creatures, and very chill towards humans too.
Wow that’s amazing!! I’m so envious! 😍
This is rad. How long did this take you?
Thank you so much! It took a few weeks to paint, but overall a couple of months of research/prep etc to get started!
That is gorgeous! The colors and sharpness are so awesome! Great work, and time well spent!
Thank you so much 🙏🏻😍
How long have you been painting? This must have taken years to get this good, the detail of the light through water is so beautiful.
You what gets me? She may very well live off her artwork. If she wants to pose next to her artwork, why hate on her for it? Stop being such a purist and let people be. If people want to simp, let them. That’s their business. Have a good day all. Nice paintings; you do really nice work.
Thank you OP for angering the incels
I just saw a comment about buying prints get deleted. I was going to ask a question that it prompted, though.
How does the scanning of things like that work since it's so large? Is it a specialist place that can scan it? Photograph it at high resolution? Just curious.
Obligatory and deserved... great painting!
I don't know if it's required for this level, but for *ultra* high resolution scans, you have a camera on a robotic X-Y axis like a CNC machine. So the camera moves back and forth, taking a bunch of super-detailed pictures of small sections of the target. Then you combine them via computer.
Except that you generally don't want to just stitch them together into a normal image, because then you get an image that is so big you can't open it. So instead you use software that works like google maps, where you can zoom in and out, not loading the whole thing at full detail at once.
Oh, that one method sounds like a professional version of Google Photoscan. You take multiple pictures of a photo to digitize it. That way, you try to eliminate light sources and come out with good pictures. They also do similar processes for pictures in astronomy.
Cool, I never thought about how they would do paintings. Thanks!
The lighting is fantastic particularly those waves. Makes me want to go back and paint again
Thank you! And you should!!
My youngest loves whale sharks, so this will make her day
Amazing !! ♥️♥️
The fucking thirst in this thread 🤣 so much cringe
In every post of a girl
It's one thing to use reference photos to figure out your own work, but another to essentially copy a photo, not credit the photographer, and sell it in your shop.
This is boldly treading into copyright infringement territory. As a former illustrator who has been plagiarized without any means of recourse, I can say that this is a pretty shit thing to do.
She has already posted in another comment that she paid the photographer for the license
As others have said, she used a different source & has permission from the photographer. I can't link it, since it will be removed by automods for linking to insta, but if you check OPs history, you can see it. The photographer's name is Leina Sevele.
Hopefully when you see this (and verify for yourself) you'll edit your comment, so as not to continue to slander her. I understand that plagiarism is a big problem and I'm glad you call it out when you see it, but you also need to amend your accusations when they're unfounded.