T O P

Politics Mega Thread

Politics Mega Thread

[deleted]

The Confederacy shall rise again, and we need to help it! We must make sure that the Confederacy rises and establishes themselves. I feel like states like Texas, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Virginia need to band together. This will be good for the nation. Those who want to live in the north come on up. Those who want to live in the South with less restrictions on corporations go ahead! I see Confederacy as an effective propaganda tool of the wealthy so that non wealthy white non slave owners would fight for defending themselves and their land, even though they had none. The Confederacy must be allowed to create a regulation free nation. They can abolish abortion, put looser gun restrictions in place, and if they want enable slavery. Although, with less restrictions on corporations the people will eventually be slaves. Overall a Confederacy will enable the rest of the United States to move forward. Establish things like universal healthcare, mandatory PTO, mandatory family leave, restrictions on pollutants in the atmosphere, actually deal with climate change, an amazing public transportation system for each city. News would need to be dispersed not controlled by a few large corporations. Corporations themselves would be told they cannot use any money because they are not citizens. Both sides of an issue would have to be presented. We could feed starving children without members of Congress whining that it costs too much. While it would take effort, imagine what it would be like when people believe and want the government to help everyone, not just a few multimillionaires and billionaires at the top. Some may argue that the government is there even now working for the good of most. However, as we are continuing down the Drumpf presidency it is clear that the government is only there to keep us alive, barely, in order that we can work to help our masters out. With corporations and the ultra wealthy having free reign the people maybe will realize how badly the corporations don't give a shit about them, won't care if there is health insurance, like it is now, however there are periods in the US where intelligence prevails and we move forward. For example, we have stopped with child slave labor. Yes, the Confederacy / Corporate Corp can also add in child slave labor. The rest of the United States will have to put up a barrier that prevents most people (who already made a choice to be in the Confederacy) from attempting to leave this paradise once there are uprisings. I know that the rest of the United States will be able to move forward for the good of everyone, not just blindly accept large corporate / wealthy propaganda.


screamifyouredriving

Conservatives (in USA) suck at business. The richest Americans are all democrats. Poor people always vote conservative.How are the conservatives still able to brand themselves as pro business when they're poor af? Is it just stupidity? Don't they know that business actually wants illegal labor and free trade? Building that wall would destroy Walmart and the stock market would crash and if we stopped buying Chinese shit then the conservitards would starve to death.


jakeseidman

I cannot see any reason for me to vote in the presidential election If you live in a state that’s not a swing state, your vote is completely pointless and does not change anything. I don’t see how voting with, or against 80% of other people in your state makes any difference. Even if you do live in a swing state (I don’t) your vote is still only one of millions, and means next to nothing. “But you should still vote in the primaries, that’s where your vote actually matters!” When was the last time a primary was decided by less than 100 votes? Or even less than 10,000 votes? My one vote makes zero difference and has absolutely no impact on the outcome of the election. “Voting takes so little time, you might as well” I admit that the act of voting in itself does not take long, however, that is not all it takes to vote. In general, I don’t like to watch the news. It is depressing to hear all the tragedies and unfairness going on in the world. Even if I did want to stay informed, nowadays it’s not enough to just watch the news. I would not consider someone who only watches FOX news to be an informed voter. To be an informed voter, you have to receive news from multiple sources, fact check statistics, and judge every fact with scrutiny. This is by no means a low effort task, and it seems pointless to go through all this effort to vote when the influence of my vote is so minute. “If everyone thinks like that, then no one would vote” True, but I’m not everyone am I? I’m just one person. Whether or not I vote has no effect on the total voter turnout besides decreasing it by 1 voter. “If you don’t vote, you don’t have any right to complain about politics” Why not? sure I could have voted, but as I have said before my vote would not have changed anything. Just because I don’t throw my drop in the bucket means that I can’t be mad or upset when the president does something I disagree with? It’s not like I could have stopped him from being elected even if I had voted. This has been my perspective my whole life, and a whole lot of people have gotten mad at me for it. I still don’t see how voting is at all beneficial or influential. If someone has a good reason for voting I am open to changing my mind.


[deleted]

It's an embarrasment, that Biden gets any votes. Seriously, dude has obvioulsy serious eldery health issues and needs help in a nursing home, while millions votes for him, to be President, gimme a break. Even if you're a centrist, you had Klobuchar or Mayor Pete, who could at least form a coherent sentence.


tempe1991

Pete didn't have enough money. Neither had the black vote and Pete did so badly in South Carolina it sort of ended him.


Carrythefire19998

I'm sorry but I'm sick of Trump and his fucking fanboys. Listen I was never a Trump fan but did I agree with Trump over the equally annoying alt-left people who can't stop crying? Yes and even if I don't like Trump I did my best to not be super biased and gave him credit for many things. But I'm sorry I am DISSAPOINTED BY TRUMP and the whole world's reaction to this POS virus by that arrogant overrated country that started this virus scare. I don't care if he had to overact, there shoud've been fucking mass quarantines earlier and in fact the whole country should be in lockdown right now. I"M FUCKING PISSED". I've done my best to support this guy and defend conservatives but they have to stop defending everything he does. Listen Trump gets massive hate by the media that gets annoying and I do think the guy is not as shitty as people say, but what he has done is selfish. It can definitely lead to serious consequnces. Forget racism or whatever baby social drama debates we have faced for years. I care less about the border issues and muslim ban than this. This is seriosu to people worldwide. It just roves Trump is not different than Hillary or any politican. People need to hold this guy, the uS government, and world eladers accountable. I hate overreacting but I want tosay this cause I care about the world man. Trust me I don't agree with the left or right in many things, and I try to be fair to both. lets hold poltiical BS aside and blame our world leaders who should've put a strict plan when we learned of POS CHina's travesty. THis is still a big portion's of CHina's fault tbh. They have fucked the world. FUCK THEM.


Monboddeh_mon

To be fair he did block flights from China earlier on and also is spending 8.3bn for battling the virus. But I agree it's not enough, how South Korea is able to test more people for the virus than US is concerning to me. It's a bit disgraceful for one of the most powerful nations in the world.


Sabeoth42

What specifically has Trump done or not done on this virus issue that disappointed you?


Carrythefire19998

Not being very cautious and thinking it’s okay. Trump needs to just do simple things that will get more respect. Like I said I try to respect Trump as much as I can unlike many Americans but you guys need to hold this guy accountable. Just stop coddling him like they do with Obama. I don’t care this virus is like any opponent you see in a football and Baksetball league. Maybe it’s not as strong as others but it can still be effective. You never underestimate your opponent. Trump should be having strict travel bans at least and honestly no air travel right now. If he can even do his t tk at it actually willl help in a way but even then that might be too late. He isn’t as smart like Trump people keep saying and he isn’t perfect. People can be annoying with the hate but there are things that make Trump a bad president and can sometimes be scary.


Sabeoth42

As another commenter already stated Trump blocked air travel from China long before most other countries did. Even got himself called racist by the Democrats for doing it so early. I'm not really sure what else you wanted him to do. I also agree with their needing to be more tests. I expect the amount of cases to greatly increase in the next few weeks as these are carried out. Other then that I have no problems with the Trump administration's response towards the virus.


Carrythefire19998

But he just shouldn’t be downplaying this thing. If he cares for America he shouldn’t be risking some people’s lives and taking long term approaches. If he made stricter regulations we wouldn’t have the fear right now and other countries would’ve been handling this thing instead of us.


Sabeoth42

The fear is coming from the media. Their are varying reports on the mortality rates of this virus ranging from 0.1 - 3.4%. The first is a common flu the second is a pandemic. At this point we dont know which one it is although many professionals are saying the virus has been highly overblown to this point. What Trump is saying and what Trump's administration is doing behind the scenes are likely different things. Trump is attempting to calm the panic fueled by the media while his team is preparing and prepping for the worst. That's all they can do at this point.


[deleted]

bernie bros are similar to trump supporters with their weird idolization and obsession. so many people I know and strangers on social media are going nuts and calling him babe and in general it's just fucking weird. if you say anything about not being 100% in agreement with bernie you're an asshole who hates poor people. lol. even if you ASK about how he's going to achieve anything for "free" or pass through congress you're evil. like, jesus christ god forbid people disagreeing on democratic socialism being the best for the US. some people have families who grew up in socialist states and have harsh feelings and disagreement about the general execution of that style of government. also nothing is "free" and people are being duped and latching onto it. if he gets elected people are going to be like "wtf where is my free stuff" I understand the idea being great. Sure, but the intensity of his fanbase is a little nutty and irrational. For what it's worth, I'm a democrat that is extremely disappointed that I'm now facing a choice between bernie sanders and joe biden, neither of which are my choices for president. Is this the best the democrats can do? I see why some older generations are disheartened with the entire process.


Dudicus445

China has lost the right to demand that Japan acknowledges their WWII war crimes. The crimes China had committed since then eclipse all of what Japan did then. North Korea too, their crimes are far worse. The rest of the continent that Japan invaded can still demand an apology. South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, India and all other Southeast Asia countries still have the right to demand apologies and reparations, but China and North Korea have lost that right until they themselves apologize for the crimes committed against their own people.


Carrythefire19998

HOnestly I got really upset with what Japan did to my parents country of the Phillipines in WW2 but I'm starting to belive that Rape of Nanking might've been overblown by CHina. I am done with their asses. THey porbably would've done the Rape of Nanking to Japanese if they could. I am sick of pandering to their asses. Sorry to good CHinese but I can't hide my opinions on them. THey deserve. They are killing Muslims, has spread a very scary disease that is causing a bad event to our precius world, and they have always been lowkey assholes. I can't stand them anymore. Japan at least are better than before.


[deleted]

**There is a good chance that HRC has ordered hits on political rivals and people she disliked** This one of the few conspiracy theories out there that I think has some genuine merit. Media would never report on it because their interests align with hers. Journalists would never be caught dead (pun intended) trying to investigate it because they don't want to be suicided. Yes all of the evidence is circumstantial but the sheer amount of people who posed a threat to the Clinton's interests and died in eerily similar ways is worrying. On several occasions the police seemed unusually reluctant to investigate the cases that were ruled suicides, despite how suspicious the deaths were. There was even one man, Vince Foster, who had insider knowledge of Clinton's affairs and was allegedly in an extramarital relationship with Hillary at one point. He was found with a rope around his neck not too long after he announced his intentions to leave politics, stating he had become disillusioned and disaffected with the way things are run in Washington. On the same night that he died, his office was raided for files without explanation. They even had Hillary do a media lap afterwards assuring everyone that he had killed himself due to depression and that there was nothing incriminating in his office. Even during the Epstein debacle, if you went into google and typed in something along the lines of "Clinton and Epstein" all the results you got would be articles trying to link Trump and Epstein that google pushed to the front, despite Bill's name being on the flight logs. I'm not saying it's definite, far from it, there is no hard evidence. But I think people are way too quick to dismiss the idea that HRC is capable of such things. People find it uncomfortable to think that a person capable of such despicable things got close to becoming the President of the US, and so they dismiss it outright.


Sabeoth42

I dont care who you are. No one has 50+ friends who committed suicide.


Due_Entrepreneur

Yeah, even if you were a goth/emo in a shitty 2000s fanfic, 50+ friends committing suicide would be unrealistic.


[deleted]

**Immigrants from Europe are not fleeing war but pursuing better life using "war refugee" as a benefit to their goal.** Basically, they are not escaping the war. If we look at the charts and statistcis, we can see that most of them come from Syria, but there are also immigrants who come from Eritrea, Kosovo (!), Albania (!), Mali, Gambia, Nigeria, Somalia etc. (source: [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European\_migrant\_crisis](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis) ) So if they are escaping the war, sure, they do need help and it should be provided by countries who are capable of doing so, but isn't trip to Egypt or Turkey or Cyprus, Malta etc. much shorter, safer and reliable than going all the way to Germany? Also, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria have similar cultures considering they are all part of the Arab world, so wouldn't the period of naturalization also be shorter and easier? So technically, they are not escaping the war, they are all together traveling to Germany, like a large group. Tho, they do not realize that, even tho German economy is stable, once 1-2 million refugees come, that same economy will be shaken a lot, and soon enough, it won't be that stable at all; Mostly because other factors will be involved such is public outcry because of all of that new different cultural changes, lowering the minimum wage because of gray economy due to a lot of immigrants working without a contract because they legally cannot work without a visa, etc. Thus, i realize and i know and i feel that this isn't fair. People in Germany, Germans and from other ethnic origins, who worked hard to stabilize their families in that country will soon feel cheated because of how easy this new people get everything they want and need, and they had to work their ass of just to secure their well being. As i said, a lot of other differences will kick in such is cultural differences (which is a huge problem, considering that Islamic religion isn't adaptable and is very radical, meanwhile European society is pretty liberal and "opened up"), economical issues, gray economy increase, problems with housing and social aid & benefits, past experiences with terrorism in Europe and biggest problem of them all, and what will eventually come to life, making certain European countries very, very problematic. Already, in Sweden you have no-go zones, in Norway as well, London is already more than 50% non-white (which i don't mind but if we look at the statistics, working people in London metropolitan area are 80% whities, and that is a problem), Koln and Frankfurt in Germany face similar issue in the future and more and more. We already know that European people are not that welcoming and good towards strangers, and no matter what anyone says, **history always repeats itself.** So, to conclude, i am not that type of guy saying "CLOSE THE BORDERS" or "IMMIGRANTS GO HOME" but i do think that Europe and EU NEED to make MASSIVE improvements to their immigration policies, because people are exploiting it a lot on backs of tax payers. I think Europe should "filter" who it lets in and out, and check their backgrounds, criminal records etc. Otherwise, what's the point? In that case, why can't a random dude from Russia just casually walk in Germany and look for the job? Oh right, because he is not an asylum seeker nor war refugee. But then again, neither are the guys from Kosovo nor Albania. **And that right there is an issue.**


Luke-y

There should be an age limit on holding political office, you should not have turned 70 by the time the term of office is up. The main reason for this I see is to force out declining old-timers who otherwise cling to power too long, to make way for younger party members. Also: mental decline is a thing, there is a reason there is retirement ages, sometimes mandatory, for other professions


[deleted]

Isn't this undemocratic? IF the people decide that a 71 year old is fit to lead, and seems very lively and active on the debate stage, why should this rule get in the way?


Sabeoth42

The Democrats have moved so far left in the last 5 years that they no longer appeal to the average American. Their stances on illegal immigration, border security, abortion and the second amendment have practically flipped since Obama left office. This is no longer the party of Bill Clinton's Democrats let alone JFK or before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fREe5vfcOw It's not hard to see why Trump and the Republicans have taken over the working class vote after seeing what the Democrats have become since he became President.


CultureTroll

70% of Americans believe abortion should be legal in some circumstances (50% say literally any circumstances): https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx 64% of Americans say gun control should be made more strict: https://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx 81% of Americans support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: https://news.gallup.com/poll/246455/solid-majority-opposes-new-construction-border-wall.aspx #You live in a bubble


Sabeoth42

That doesnt help your point though. I'm conservative and I agree with the first two of those polls as well. The problem is how far left they have gone on those issues. I'm all for abortion up to 12-16 weeks but then no further. That's pretty much the normal in this country. Democrats practically celebrate abortion recently. For the second amendment I too agree that we need stricter gun control in some areas. That does not mean banning guns as these Democrats are campaigning for. Do a poll on that. As to illegal immigration I guess I fall in the 19% but that still doesnt tell the whole story. The poll is for a path to citizenship only. The Democrats are proposing free healthcare and education to illegals who are not citizens. That is not the same thing.


[deleted]

> these Democrats are campaigning for Are you referring to 'some Democrats', the median Democrat, or the Democratic Party Platform?


Sabeoth42

The ones in the video I posted. Think it shows pretty much all of their main candidates at some point.


[deleted]

I am seriously questioning the legitimacy of many of these clips because of the cuts in the mid-sentence. "When we use phrases like Undocumented Workers," cut "convey a message to the American people that their government..." It gives the appearance that many of these clips were taken out of context and don't actually represent what these leaders actually said.


Sabeoth42

I think the idea of those clips is the contrast of Schumer saying that the phrase undocumented worker is offensive or demeaning to actual American citizens back in the 90s where as today that is common language for Democrats. I get your point though.


imthewiseguy

You’re a hypocrite for condemning the RNC for canceling primaries in favor of an incumbent Republican President while at the same time ignoring the DNC for constantly changing the rules to a) allow candidates to start running way past the deadline and without qualifications (Bloomberg) and b) to shut out long running candidates (Gabbard)


Tuskus

Bernie Sanders supporters are every bit as toxic and hateful as Trump supporters except they're even more annoying because they think they have the moral high ground.


hmmgross

Its incredibly gross that someone would bring a Nazi Flag to a Bernie rally but its even more offensive that many of the same Bernie Bros pushing how bad that is will never own that they've also been calling people like Ben Shapiro a Nazi for years who also has family that were killed during the Holocaust. I know this is just a whataboutism but its one of the more severe cases of them sounding like idiots because they can't live up to their own standards.


theinspector5

Calling Ben Shapiro a Nazi is obviously untrue, but he at least has said some extremely racist things, such as his tweet about how "Arabs like to bomb crap and live in open sewage" and his defense of George Zimmerman. Bernie on the other hand has never been remotely racist to anyone in any way. I'm not calling Ben Shapiro a Nazi, because he isn't, but given he has said some morally reprehensible, racially insensitive things about Black People, Arabs and others, he hasn't got my sympathy when people describe him as one.


Sabeoth42

Not sure about the tweet but the Geroge Zimmerman defense would be in relation to the Trayvon Martin case right. In that case he would be correct since Zimmerman was proven innocent in that affair.


theinspector5

I know that Zimmerman was found not guilty, but he was clearly in the wrong. He escalated the situation in direct disregard for what the 911 operator was instructing him. There was no need for him to even approach Trayvon and he could have avoided the whole situation by leaving him alone


[deleted]

Liberalism flourishes in republican governments. In the last few years since Donald Trump has been elected I have seen more liberal thought and ideology in culture and in everyday life than ever before. People have become so much more outspoken online. The me too movement happened. People of varying race, religion, gender and sexuality are being represented in media so much more than they were a few years ago. I could never imagine Marvel making a tv show about an Asian lesbian superhero a few years ago. A gay kiss on Star Wars. Black Panther, Wonder Woman. In 2014, I could never have even imagined stuff like that. I didn’t even know who non-binary people were until a few years ago. I never knew trans rights were a problem until everyone started talking about it. Men being sexually abused, that was something I rarely even thought about a few years ago. I mean the world suddenly became more progressive overnight the instant the government became un-progressive. Maybe it was because people took everything for granted... I dunno. On the other hand I think the opposite was also true- the alt right was brewing during the Obama administration. Maybe culture always goes the opposite way the president goes, at least in today’s day and age in which we are sceptical about our leaders and always think they are conning us.


[deleted]

> In the last few years since Donald Trump has been elected I have seen more liberal thought and ideology in culture and in everyday life than ever before. This is actually just a general trend. Conservatism flourished under Clinton. Liberalism and Punk Rock flourished under Bush. It's always been true.


[deleted]

THIS is a place where posts go to die. Not a single subreddit that I've found that brings people from all walks of life, allow certain subjects like politics to be discussed for fear of "not being civil or true to their purpose or whatever." I wanted to discuss how Divide and Conquer is being applied to the occupants of the USA. But my post was flagged and this recommend I post it here? Why should I bother? No one will see it. This is the equivalent of sweeping something under the rug.


[deleted]

You're looking for the Meta mega thread.


RedRails1917

Reddit doesn't actually care about banning hate subs, they only care about optics. Recently a bunch of subs notorious for allegedly bigoted content have been taken down by the admins, such as "coomer" and "GamersRiseUp". Some have cheered these moves while others have jeered them. But I'd like to take a different position: It's all pointless. Reddit rules don't really have anything explicitly against bigotry. Similar to the US Constitution, this website only has rules against *threats of violence*. Once explicit threads of violence were being made on the aforementioned subreddits, they cracked down. But before that, they didn't care. "Optics" is a word you hear a lot in discussion of radical politics. The overall appearance of someone ideologically and what it appears they wish to do is very important, perhaps more important than their actual beliefs. This seems to be very true here on Reddit. Case in point? r/waterniggas. A subreddit that has pretty much never engaged in hate speech, their only wrongdoing was that they placed the n word (not even with an r, but still) in the name of the subreddit. It's just a goddamn water fan club! Regardless, that name was enough to get the subreddit quarantined. Meanwhile, very explicit hate subs such as r/gendercritical have been allowed to remain in operation because they articulate themselves as cleanly as possible. No explicit slurs are used, no threats of violence are made, and thus no action is taken against them. Reddit tries to present itself in a way that looks good to those that want to advertise on it. Conceal bigotry so that it's perfectly presentable to the public, even to unsuspecting social liberals, and it'll get past without issue.


WaterDemonPhoenix

College students are terrible at discussing any topic online... For some reason, any topic that is heavy, people love to bring their ideology in. It doesn't matter if you are right or if you are from the left. Conservatives (college students) want to bring in how women wanting equality ruins everything even if it's not remotely related at all. Meanwhile, 'liberals' wanna blame the patriarchy or some shit all the damn time. Join groups that have nothing to do with politics and yet if it's filled with left wing groups you end up with posts about the bad patriarchy memes like every other few posts, otherwise the frequency is damn high. Politics in general ruin things sure, and non college adults aren't any better, but at least they ditch the low effort memes. sure, they resort to name calling, but I guess memes are my pet peeve


[deleted]

Counterpoint: everyone is terrible at discussing any topic online


Oreo_Salad

Hear me out here, because plot twist: many people won't like this idea. But politics have such a detrimental effect of society that I feel like we should take the people with similar political views and have them lived grouped in their own defined areas. I'm in the US so all I really know is US politics, so even just here if we were to seperate liberals/moderates/conservatives and have them each have their own states or areas or whatever you'd like to refer to it as, and then instead of the entire country debating republican or dem or liberal or conservative or socialist and nazi or whoever it is, they can all have their own respective leaders. I would LOVE to see in 30 years how a purely liberal country would compare to a purely conservative country, and how a moderate country would compare to both. Preferably there would still be elections because even in a society where everyone has similar ideas, not everyone will share 100% of ideas. I have this fantasy situation in my mind of this liberal society where the government isn't just filled with politicians but also scientists and agriculturalists and experts and scholars, where progressive ideas can actually take flight because theres a better commity to form action plans and are better suited to create feasible options to make ideas possible and make them reality. I get that conservative leaning people just don't want change but thats not how everyone feels. Originally democracy was supposed to be a chance for everyones voice to be heard, but now its so skewed and warped that its whoever can throw the most money at it wins, and then they just rig the game to make more money for themselves at everyone elses expense.


Tomsow12

As long as one group doesn't become xxxxx-phobic exterminators and start invading others, I think it could work


PanzerKommander

It's ok to be a single issue voter. If you think that one issue is far more important than the others, go for it. It doesn't matter if it's anti gun control, pro abortion, whatever, it is your vote. Use it however you see fit.


[deleted]

Implicitly, every single issue voter believes that literally every other issue doesn't matter enough to be considered. That's the flaw with single issue voters.


PanzerKommander

I don't see it as a flaw. If the issue is that important to them, who are we to judge?


CultureTroll

Depends. If I say "my single issue is whos going to help poor people". That covers a lot of things


[deleted]

I get that you say 1 issue is important. Single issue voters are saying all issues other than the 1 aren't important. * Healthcare * Guns * Abortion * Economy * National Security * Corruption * Immigration Single Issue Voters say that 6 of those 7 issues are so unimportant that they don't even consider them. They are obviously wrong.


PanzerKommander

No, they say that one is more important to them than the others combined. Not that the other six aren't important, just not important enough to outweigh the one they vote on. That's fine.


beepboopsoup

Bernie Sanders’ plan for getting funds to pay off loans & cover free tuition is not sustainable. Edit: I like Bernie, and want things to be easier/better for everyone, but consider the student debt/free college issue. All of that money will be basically guaranteed to the banks/institutions that own the debt, by our government. If the government plans to get the money from a tax on speculative trading, what if the volume of trading goes down because of the tax? Would we end up paying for it eventually? It really bothers me that his only proposed source of income to pay for all of this is the wall street tax. Am I missing something?


[deleted]

The current political climate with this lurch towards the right has everything to do with "misery loves company", I realised that when seeing a huge suicide hotline button on /r/T_D. It doesn't matter if Trump builds a wall or if Johnson delivers a Brexit that provides the NHS with 350 million pounds a week because what's more important is that ultimately their polices will make someone else other than their voters worse off. The reason why Sanders and Corbyn are losing/have lost despite having overwhelming support previously is because these past 5 years has involved the modern left being mauled by the media and average people alike, because they're now like vegans and the teetotal, no one likes people who won't join in with the fun over moral concerns.


klendathu22

> these past 5 years has involved the modern left being mauled by the media and average people alike This couldn't be further from reality if it tried.


CultureTroll

Which news station is bro-Bernie or pro-Corbin?


Sabeoth42

This comment is projection personified.


[deleted]

Well argued counter-point, really gave me something to think about.


Sabeoth42

Also Sanders and Corbyn never had overwhelming support. Sorry to break this to you but full socialism is not popular in either the UK or the United States and likely never will be. Neither is disenfranchising the voters wishes whether its through delaying Brexit or impeaching a president.


[deleted]

So that's why Bernie and Corbyn were able to stick around for two elections, and that Corbyn won a huge amount of parliament the first time around?


Due_Entrepreneur

Any fool can stick around in an election for as long as they want. The fact is, Corbyn lost and Sanders never won to begin with. Just because a small group of people online love him, does not translate into real world "overwhelming" support. Let's be real, Bernie isn't getting the nomination. You can't be the nominee with 5 states, when your rival has more than double that and has the majority of delegates. The Democrat voters have spoken, and they wanted Biden. There's no vast conspiracy, Bernie is just losing because he's objectively getting fewer votes. That's just how elections work.


Sabeoth42

Democrats have been miserable ever since Trump got elected. The Republicans have been for the most part pleased with the direction things are heading. Your "misery loves company" line is pure projection.


[deleted]

Again, this still just seems like you're saying "no u" and you're talking about the events after the election of Trump when I am talking about what led to it. People were miserable across the whole political range over how long the 2008 recession had affected people, some person comes along shouting "fuck china, fuck mexicans and fuck muslims. Ban them all and make America great again", none of them had anything to do with the recession and the fallout from it but it makes some people feel better to be openly considered a superior citizen to others.


Sabeoth42

That's not why Trump won. In the same way Bernie gained support voters were sick of the status quo establishment constantly fucking them over. Trump was the conservatives response and Bernie was the Democrats. The difference is that Trump voters overthrew the Republican establishment (Bush, Romney, McCain) while the establishment Democrats rigged their primary against Sanders for Clinton. It's not about race and it never was.


[deleted]

Yeah but his most notorious policy was building a wall to keep mexicans out and forcing them pay for it too, whichever way you slice it that sounds pretty spiteful towards a group of people.


Sabeoth42

Its about immigration not race. You can't just let people cross the border whenever they want. Trump took a pretty strong stance on it I will admit. He is very pro legal immigrant like most conservatives.


Oreo_Salad

If its only about immigration why isn't there a Canada wall?


Sabeoth42

Because people from Canada aren't illegally crossing the border in the millions into the United States. Also Canada isn't owned by drug cartels.


[deleted]

Yeah when you get down to it, he isn't any different to other conservatives. So why was he elected over all others? Because he was happy to admit it's not nice for other people but fuck it, go America.


tempe1991

Does anybody think Bernie looks like a mad scientist directing an orchestra when he and Joe Rogan are brainwashing gullible millennials? Seriously, we had no great candidates from the start who got far that is...so just suck it up and vote blue down the ballot for everyone, that's all you have to do. Unless if Trump's coronavirus shuts down the entire country first. Sanders would lose by a landslide in key states. Democratic socialism and everything about Sanders is looked at completely differently from a boomer/gen X perspective, and they are most of the voting population. He doesn't stand a chance with moderates, they are moderate for a reason, they are not far left. Also the other democrats running for lower positions in congress could have their chances hurt by Bernie being the nominee. That would mean we could have a republican house of representatives and republican senate with Bernie as president. That could be worse or just as bad as Trump being elected again.


Tomsow12

So how about renaming the DNC to GOP v.2 ?


AlteredCabron

Biden is going to win candidacy, after Super Tuesday its very obvious, Bernie is going to drop. Biden is senile and an idiot who can’t put two words together, meanwhile Trump already has a strong following plus he is a bully and cheat. He is going to wipe the floor against Biden and win. As painful as it is, even my millennial vote isn’t enough to make dent come November. Trump will win. Sadly


CultureTroll

Bernie is only like 3% behind biden, and there's going to be a debate where the voters will see how senile he is. Dudes still got a chance


Sabeoth42

If the Democrat nomination process were fair you would be right. Unfortunately as we saw in 2016 once the DNC has chosen their candidate they will do everything in their power to make sure it happens. Biden will be the nominee no matter how badly he fails in the next few months.


tempe1991

Or you could just vote blue no matter who regardless what happens between Trump and Biden:/


AlteredCabron

What good does it do to me voting blue? The candidate is idiot just like fucking hillary who i voted for.


tempe1991

People didn't vote for her that's why it was a close race. They weren't motivated to get off their millennial ass and vote. She regardless won the popular vote, why do people keep disregarding that?


NovaInvicta

Why would I use my limited sick days and put my chance of getting a promotion at risk so I can vote for someone I dont even like.


tempe1991

Vote for who?


GrizzledLibertarian

> She regardless won the popular vote, why do people keep disregarding that? Because it is irrelevant. Further, it is an embarrassment as it exposes how horrible she was at running for president.


AlteredCabron

She is not the president, doesn’t matter who won popular vote. Its all about electoral votes


tempe1991

Its 30 mins out of your day to do the right thing and vote. And I give you props for voting last time. I know many ppl who didn't.


AlteredCabron

I’ll vote, i always do. Its just frustrating that my vote is nothing more than a statistic.


tempe1991

Im more disgusted by how arrogant the republicans are about this.


[deleted]

It's so immensely frustrating watching this democratic primary process. Exit polls are saying that most voters care more about picking someone that they think can beat Trump than they do about picking someone who they actually agree with. Why even fucking have policy then? I cannot *fathom* caring that little about my beliefs, and it's really disappointing to see so many people be so unwilling to actually vote for what they want because they're scared of what might happen if they do.


tempe1991

No its because young Bernie voters dont care about the primary so naturally gen x and boomers are going to decide how this turns out....like every election.


[deleted]

[удалено]


Due_Entrepreneur

Thanks for helping re-elect Trump.


Tomsow12

Thanks for nominating corporate shill


TheTrashAccountant

He seems like he has early Alzheimer's.


[deleted]

Are you a Doctor?


cumkinpie

Donald Trump is mistreated. Sure, he isn't the best person to ever live, but he gets the short end of the stick. All of the late night talk shows shit on him, just for views. They only treat him like a human when he is actually on the show! Lots of fake news and just a bad common perception of him exists in society.


beaubeautastic

plus these bs candidates who have no policy in their campain, only beating trump written all over it. thats how you get fascist and communist governments.


[deleted]

What's something they say that you think he's mistreated for?


cumkinpie

His persona.


Tomsow12

He's extremely narcissistic though


beaubeautastic

who cares? why are you focusing on who he is and not what hes done and doing? if you want to speak bad about trump being president, say what he has done bad. i, a supporter, can find stuff i disagree with that he did. his narcissism doesnt have much effect on his performance as our president.


Sabeoth42

So was Obama. Most politicians are. Pretty much comes with the job at this point.


CultureTroll

If he was, he kept that shit to himself during the presidency


Sabeoth42

I disagree but to each their own opinion.


pow3rdiap3r

I don't care who you're voting for and wearing it isn't classy. I think we all agree that bumper stickers aren't very classy but not everybody is trying to be and that's all good. But i also believe if you shouldn't talk about politics in a professional or public social setting then you definitely shouldn't wear a shirt or hat that screams who you're voting for. Everybody has their own opinion and are entitled to it but your vote should be enough.. I shouldn't have to disagree with you before I know your name.


beaubeautastic

its not really expression of opinion. talking about it is. wearing their logo is more like expression of pride. i say its kinda stupid. unless you had a george washington for 1776 sticker, you will become a target of something, from simple bullying or harrassment to real, possibly violent crimes.


CultureTroll

Your opinion effects other people. If you can't defend it, maybe its wrong


pow3rdiap3r

Voting for a candidate is how you defend your opinion. Its not an individuals place to try to convince others that their opinion is right or wrong.


Slxphz

Donald Trump is an amazing president. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the other candidates are bad. Donald Trump, I my opinion, is just superior. It’s been a while since America has had a leader with balls, and he is truly making America great again. Too many people give him undeserved hate because their parents are liberal bitches or are unaware of how politics and society coexist. Don’t hate trump because he’s making moves with the USA while your preferred candidate is losing the race. Afterthought: this isn’t meant to be directed towards people who, for example, support Biden but respect Trump, or any other person for that matter. It’s for those little incompetent people who believe only what they want


[deleted]

>It’s been a while since America has had a leader with balls Actually, literally every American President has been a man, although Edith Wilson may have been an unofficial defacto president for some time.


logonomics

This is a violation of Rule 1 of the subreddit. Donald Trump is President because he won a weighted popularity contest and he is still popularly supported. Millions of people think he's an amazing president. Although it certainly feels good to think you are the underdog, he is not and neither are his supporters, quite the opposite.


logonomics

Down voted for stating a fact. Must of been a Trump supporter. You're not the underdogs, you're resentful garbage.


Slxphz

Aww, awe you gonna cry to your mommy cuz you got downvoted?


logonomics

Nope, but I'm calling out the garbage out there did that upset you?


Shnig1

Hatred toward non voters is ridiculous I was in an ask reddit thread earlier about "people who didn't vote, why not?" and the amount of intense hatred toward non-voters, no matter what their reasoning, was sickening to me. You don't see anyone answering the question unless you sort by controversial, because all the top comments are shit like "if you don't vote, fuck you." I'm in an overwhelmingly red state, don't care about politics, haven't been paying attention, don't fully understand the policies of the candidates. I get verbally abused for not voting, because non voters are the problem. Then if I say, "OK fine, I'm voting trump" I'd still get verbal abuse. Are non voters the problem? Or is the opposite party the problem? People who hate non voters seem to think ALL the non voters share their opinion, and that if all the non voters voted last election then Bernie would have won. Isn't it logical to assume there are lazy/whatever reason people on both sides? If I live in a state that's 20% blue and 80% red, isn't it logical that if all the non voters suddenly decided to vote, that around 80% of them would vote red anyway? Thus making the balance the same? I know that's an oversimplification, but I generally believe it to be true. I'm normally pretty good at seeing both sides of an argument on most topics, I am pretty empathetic and am able to put myself in other people's shoes fairly easily, even if it's someone I disagree with. But for the life of me I cannot even fathom feeling so much deep rooted hatred towards non voters.


behindtimes

Because it's stupid tribalism. People want to win so badly, that anyone who isn't on their team is an enemy. They'll tell you why you have to vote their team, but it's honestly BS. The main issue is, who cares what a person runs their campaign on. It's not about what they can run their campaign on, it's about what they can accomplish in office, which are two totally different things. And you'll hear all this garbage about what a candidate will do. I'm sorry, the world hasn't ended with Trump. (Yes, that could change, and I'd admit I was wrong if that happens.) Obama didn't take your guns away and enslave white people. Etc. I don't really see any difference in ignorance between people who vote, and people who don't vote. And then you have the situation where maybe a person has principles. Perhaps, if we voted who would make this country better, instead of voting against a candidate, thus voting for the lesser of two evils, things would improve. If you purposely burn down your house because you're afraid your neighbor was going to burn down your house, it's not my fault.


wnterbird

No it’s because it is a mindset of apathy towards people’s daily struggles and presents as a form of privilege. That it makes people mad. And yes it partially is your fault when you could’ve helped prevent any houses burning. Not even from voting. But from participating in general.


cumkinpie

Perfectly understandable. Who cares if you don't vote? Not me.


hyperaids420

Trumps going to win Joe Biden is likely to win since half the Democratic Party doesn’t like Bernie so assuming Biden does win This man very very clearly has a mental health problem and Biden is known for little mess ups and they are kind of funny “Home boners” But adding them up it’s pretty sad he says he has talks with people who have been dead for 10 years he said he got arrested in South America which was false he will pause mid sentence and say “why do I pause no one else pauses” and from what I’ve seen trump is confident in debates and is aggressive he’s would tear Biden up If warren wins then trumps going to do the same thing warren is a pathological liar the democratic debate was a fucking mad house and I can’t help but feel trumps pissing his pants I have respect for the Democrats but this just doesn’t look good for them I have many liberal friends who think trumps going to win


[deleted]

> This man very very clearly has a mental health problem and Biden is known for little mess ups and they are kind of funny Are you describing Trump or Biden?


hyperaids420

I can send you lots of videos that show Biden where Biden messes up some are kinda funny but the others are sad I feel worse because he’s not a Beto type guy he seems more center and I really respect him


[deleted]

The fact that you have to ask shows why Biden probably won't win.


TheTrashAccountant

Biden has no message besides "I was Obama's pick", is mentally deteriorating, and can't beat Trump.


[deleted]

[He very obviously has a message](https://youtu.be/4c5fuOPCeYw). [Trump is mentally deteriorating.](https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mental-state-impeachment-psychiatrist-petition-congress-a9232386.html) [Biden absolutely can beat Trump.](https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html)


Tomsow12

Biden surely didn't approve of every single reactionary act that he has ever seen.


TheTrashAccountant

Believing the polls after 2016 lmao


Sabeoth42

They really don't learn do they.


[deleted]

The beginning of that video literally shows Biden shaking hands with and befriending one of the most notoriously racist senators in the history of the United States. What a fabulous case.


GlockAF

We have a minimum age for being president in the United States (35 years old) we should also have a maximum. Pilots can’t fly and airliner past age 65, why do we allow politicians to keep going until they are old as dirt? At least with the airlines there is a copilot to take over in case the guy at the controls strokes out. Who has our back in the oval office? Anyone?


randomguywhoisrandom

Because you can be 80 years old and be mentally sound, but not physically. That's the difference between someone who sits behind a desk and someone who has to fly a plane.


GlockAF

Arguably, the mental deficiencies are the most troubling aspect here. One man behind a desk has the capacity to do far more harm than one man behind the controls of an airplane, provided it is the right desk


[deleted]

Cancel Culture Isn't Censorship DISCLAIMER: Firstly, I don't support cancel culture and I do find it toxic and damaging to the world, but I don't consider it "censorship" for many reasons. \- Firstly, it is not perpetuated by the government. In order for it to be censorship, it has to be a higher power such as the government, censoring and silencing you. But in most cases with cancel culture, it is usually done by the masses(Twitter, fans, etc). \- Secondly, there's reasons why these people get cancelled(be it a post from now or a post from 2007), firstly they are usually celebrities who have relatively young fanbases(between the ages of 12-30 usually) who are usually more liberal and more likely to follow the hivemind(take this part any way you want). \- Nothing is stopping these people from saying whatever controversial thing they said, they'll live likely, but when you say something(like the n word), you are going to have to deal with potential backlash). For these reasons, I don't consider cancel culture to be necessarily censorship, but this doesn't validate it by any means. I myself consider this trend as bad a


[deleted]

Cancel culture is the definition of the Free Market at work. People vote with their dollars and express their frustrations with businesses for advertising on content. In theory, conservatives should praise cancel culture as a non-government means of internal regulation of the economy.


[deleted]

A couple: 1) Non-Americans should refrain from commenting on American politics on social media including reddit. At the very least, they should declare they are foreign nationals before commenting. Nobody cares that Sven from Norway loves Bernie, or that James from the UK loves Trump. 2) Much (most?) of the online vitriol from Biden/Bernie supporters is foreign nationals trying to disrupt and divide the American left.


Forearmcramps

The pro-Bernie subs constantly dominating the front page and r/politics is just as annoying as the Trump posts from 2016


hjbvh

Young Bernie supporters (and lets be honest, a lot of them are young) are doing themselves no favors by their insistence that the DNC is against Bernie when the voter turnout for Super Tuesday for young people was so low. Until those rates improve, young Bernie supporters are never going to be taken seriously. When you do all this attacking of moderate democrats and the DNC and then have such a low turnout rate, you just come off as a child that blames everything on others.


rateddurr

I suspect a lot of this negativity is not actual Americans, but vicious Russian trolls.


r2k398

Bernie supporters are so lazy that they cannot even be bothered to vote.


Skirtsmoother

Political candidates shouldn't need to inspire you in order for you to go to the polls. I see this shit all the time on all sides of the spectrum. Your candidate doesn't have to ''be in touch'' with you. He's not supposed to be your friend, or someone who channels the same emotions as you do. Fuck drinking beer with your candidates. Ideally, you should vote for a candidate who is the best for you and the country as a whole, even if it's a boring old white guy. If you're ready to vote for AOC just because she's the same angry millenial as you are, you are by definition a low-information voter and should probably refrain from voting for the good of people around you. Anger is good when used in proper time and place as a tool, it should not be your primary concern during elections.


Pinapple500

As all the moderates drop out of the race there endorsing Biden, BIDEN of all people it's barley a week before he slips up and says something stupid. Time and Time again he messed up a speech he acts weird and strange constantly looks and acts like he has an early form of dementia and just over all dosnt seem mentally fit to run the country. If people want a moderate president go for Warren go for Bloomberg even just not Biden. If y'all's ultimate goal is to beat Trump Biden is probably the worst canadit becuase once the debates start he's gonna be eaten up and confused the whole time. The president must be able to run the country without fail, he has to be able to act on a dime and critically think about every situation from every angle and determine what would be best for the US, and Biden after calling his sister his wife, forgetting the biggest quote in the whole constitution, and just looks like a child who's lost his mom in the super market half the time, he can't run a country he can't be a strong leader and that's what scares me, becuase the only thing worse then a bad president is one who doesn't know what there doing.


tempe1991

I don't think veterans should be respected. They joined the military not to be a hero but because they thought that was their only chance for a decent life. These people end up bitter after the war, they hate normal Americans and they vote asshole, aka republican. Voting republican does more bad here than any good they did overseas, which is close to nothing lets be honest.


[deleted]

If you’re past the age of 25 and still vote democrat, you’re either naive or have zero self-discipline. I was a liberal my whole life but am starting to realize that they’re fighting a fight that cannot be won. Free healthcare, free education, taxing the rich to make people in poverty middle class? Great ideas. None will ever work. The countries that are succeeding with those things have an entire population less than some of our cities. Canada is a good example of what happens when you have free healthcare. I know a doctor from Canada who moved to the states because he was making $34,000 a year there and couldn’t afford to live. He also said the average time his patients had to wait to see him after a referral was 7 months. In the states he can see his patients in as little as 1 day after a referral. He also says most of his patients in the US actually have something wrong with them and the main reason the waitlist is so long in Canada is because it’s free so people were getting appointments for the smallest stuff at the expense of patients getting worse for more serious illnesses because they couldn’t be seen sooner.


wnterbird

“The can’t win, so I’m gonna switch teams” sounds like a very crappy football fan.


thebusiness7

I have a relative that specializes in Nephrology in Quebec, she's pulling in over $310,000 USD annually. A pertinent bit of information: In 1966, Canada implemented a single-payer health care system, which is also known as Medicare. Since then, as a country, Canadians have made a conscious decision to hold down costs. One of the ways they do that is by limiting supply, mostly for elective things, which can create wait times. Their outcomes are otherwise comparable to ours. Please understand, the wait times could be overcome. Canadians could spend more. They don’t want to. We can choose to dislike wait times in principle, but they are a byproduct of Canada’s choice to be fiscally conservative. Yes, they chose this.


[deleted]

Brexit was just a way to fuel hatred towards non-whites, and they are no different than the situation that USA is in right now. Ok before I get to the Brexit bit. I’ll talk a bit about the US and election of Trump. Before I continue, take this post with a pinch of salt. I’m a 19 yo dude from Singapore but this is what I’ve been observing about US and the UK/EU situation over the last 3 years (I’m invested in politics) I may be wrong on some parts so forgive me. First thing first. I feel during the years 2009-2017, when Obama was President, a lot of things was smooth in the US. I do not have statistics with me, but from what I kind of noticed, you didn’t see a lot of white dudes hating on people of colour as much as it has been happening since the election of the orange cloud (Trump) It’s almost as if that when people voted for The Republican Party, all the inner hatred for people of colour came out because Donald Trump hates people of colour and even Asians to a certain degree. As for Brexit. Literally I feel that the UK was been a pretty calm and collected country until 2016 when the idea of Brexit came about and 52% voted to leave the EU. (This is coming from a person who has some family members living in England and my family was considering shifting to the UK when I’m much older, now with Brexit, not so much the case) With the UK leaving the EU just this year, there’s just proof that there’s inner hatred for people of colour and asians (mainly people in the UK have inner hatred for people of colour and Asians) Take this into account. A Singaporean guy was beaten up in the UK for having the “coronavirus” simply because he was Chinese. It’s absolutely disgusting. I’m a fellow Singaporean, and please not all Chinese people have the virus. Yes the virus originated from Wuhan, mainland China, but it’s just a virus. What we all can do is just to prevent it from happening, not use it as a way to just beat Asians because the virus started from China. (Also Singapore is not China, we’re an independent diverse country that welcomes people here.) [Singaporean Student attacked over Coronavirus situation in UK](https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-attack-coronavirus-london-uk-high-commission-jonathan-mok-12498368) So I see on Facebook that people still believe that UK is better off than US ? That’s ridiculous. You guys have Brexit and have random thugs on the street attacking passerby’s for absolutely nothing but their Color of their skin. How different or better is than the White Supremacists in America ? With Trump as president, people who hate people of colour and now with Brexit, it’s used to fuel hatred towards (Non white people) Both the US and UK are terrible places to live in at the moment (in my perspective) and this makes me believe that “Brexit was just a way to fuel hatred towards non-whites, and they are no different than the situation that USA is in right now.”


panascope

> First thing first. I feel during the years 2009-2017, when Obama was President, a lot of things was smooth in the US. I do not have statistics with me, but from what I kind of noticed, you didn’t see a lot of white dudes hating on people of colour as much as it has been happening since the election of the orange cloud (Trump) I know you said take this with a pinch of salt but you're getting history wrong in your very first paragraph. The Democrats lost hugely in their very first mid-term election in 2010 specifically because Obama was black and a lot of white Republicans got huge support running on thinly-veiled racism and big promises about cutting spending.


Sabeoth42

They lost because Obama didn't fulfill his promises. He proved himself to be another politician with false promises. It had very little to do with his race. The slowest stock market rebound didn't help either.


panascope

> They lost because Obama didn't fulfill his promises. The Tea Party didn't get popular because Obama didn't fulfill his promises lol.


Sabeoth42

Looking back the tea party was the beginning of the Trump movement. They were conservative populists sick of the corporate conservatives running their party. After Mitt Romney lost they completely took over the party with Trump as their leader. Obama campaigned on hope and change and then continued the status quo just with more race baiting. That's not fulfilling his promises. Then their is the whole "keep your doctor" lie but I dont think that was an issue in 2010.


panascope

>Looking back the tea party was the beginning of the Trump movement. They were conservative populists sick of the corporate conservatives running their party. After Mitt Romney lost they completely took over the party with Trump as their leader. You're getting your history wrong. John McCain ran against Obama in 2008, not Romney, and the Tea Party movement had basically taken power by 2010. Trump wasn't even involved until the 2016 election cycle.


Sabeoth42

Oh I thought the tea party started after Obama got elected. Sorry I really only started following this stuff in 2016 and I'm still catching up in some areas. I do stand by the tea party being the beginning signs of what brought Trump to win the nomination in 2016. This is supported by the fact that McCain, Romney and Ryan are now all hated by conservative voters.


panascope

>Oh I thought the tea party started after Obama got elected. They did. And they won based on an opposition campaign draped over a lot of racism.


Sabeoth42

How so? I don't know much about them.


Sabeoth42

Possibly the most misinformed post I have ever seen on here. Do you think the ideas of Brexit and Trump just fell from the sky? They are the people's response to decades of government incompetence and corruption. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMm5HfxNXY4 Watch this video to understand Trump's rise. Ironically it's said by Micheal Moore who absolutely hates Trump but even he understood how someone like him could rise to power.


[deleted]

That’s why I said take this post with a pinch of fucking salt. The simple analogy of how he rose to power is that he simply stemmed from it. He had and still has tons of money, he’s born into a rich family. Power creates more power. And with his personality and most people’s inner hatred from non whites, they’re obviously attracted to him because he hates everyone except whites


Sabeoth42

Bloomberg has 10x the amount of money that Trump has. Why isn't he the runaway favourite for the Democratic candidate? It's not that simple.


[deleted]

because he isn’t a racist. Trump has many supporters because many of them are white supremacists who hate blacks and mexicans


Sabeoth42

And there you go. That's why your misinformed. Try watching something that isn't mainstream news. Like that video I suggested.


[deleted]

oh yeah, like Fox (Faux) news ? Who you vote for ? Trump ?


Sabeoth42

Nope. Independent media sources will work just fine. Just avoid all mainstream media. They don't report the news they promote their agenda. Such as the narrative that 63 million people became white supremacists over night including 10 million who voted for Obama just four years before that. Amazing how that works.


[deleted]

because like I said. It stems from inner hatred. Between Barack and Mitt Romney, people voted for Obama because that’s they had a limited choice. Either go for a smart person or a boring chap. Had Trump been running for president successfully before the 2016 run, he would have won. If the election was Between Obama and Trump, people would have voted for Trump because they would have shown that they hated blacks and Mexicans (non whites) Take Obama away and replace him with Trump, Trump would have won because people would have openly declared and shown their hatred towards non whites. Which essentially what Trump brought out in people when he ran


Sabeoth42

Again your clueless. You're just race baiting with no facts or reason to back up anything you are saying. Here are some statistics for you. American's satisfaction with race relations have improved 14% since Trump took office. https://www.nationalreview.com/news/gallup-reports-americans-satisfaction-with-race-relations-has-increased-14-percent-since-trumps-inauguration/ Under Obama race relations got worse. Again you don't understand why Trump rose to power. https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/politics/obama-race-relations-poll/index.html


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

> The 9 justices hold too much power, the 9 shouldn’t make decisions for the millions of Americans. It's actually Congress (the legislative branch) that makes laws.


imthewiseguy

Go back to government class


Carrythefire19998

I really am not a political guy and not great with knowledge. I agree with democrats that Trump drama has gotten annoying and even though I agree the Trump accusations can be massively exagerrated, I rather be safe like I want people to be catious with the recent Corona scare. I look at the candidates manily Bernie and Biden, it seems too complicated. Bernie is arguably the guy for a lot of the younger and extereme liberals and whatever. I go to Biden he is more of the opposite and attracts the moderate old school. Bernie is huge cause he represents the future and you could say the guy most democrats want. THe same time Biden is realistic. Bernie just seems to want this extrmee change that is just arguably unrealistic especially with our curretn world. You can hate it all you want but lots of Americans even many democrats do not agree with everything media or extreme liberal leaders want. Biden is just the safest choice. For me it is just going to be key to win those states that Trump won. Those states have those old school blue collar americans many liberals do not understand. I agree Biden has a very flawed history and I'm still 50/50 with him or Bernie. He is kind of a hypocritical leader to what the Democrats claim they are, but he is still a safe candidate that can possibly win the crucial states this fall. To sum this up Democrats need to just stand by whoever is president. THe Democrats have been unrealistic and have been divided for years. They need to act strong but they never do it.


Pinapple500

Bernie is a kinda day to day guy is big plans won't really happen becuase Congress and the Senate won't allow it, as long as the DNC picks the winner fairly there won't be any bloodshed on the Democrat side. I just want to make sure Biden is mentally fit to serve becuase he keeps gaffing up when ever he talks.


[deleted]

My unpopular opinion is that politics shouldn’t be relegated to the corner over here. There.


[deleted]

This comment doesn't belong here. It belongs [here.](https://www.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/fcv5aw/meta_mega_thread/)


[deleted]

Wtf even is this sub. I wandered in to make a joke and it’s turned into a rabbit hole


babypizza22

Bernie sanders is running on no plan and has no real solutions to the problems he points out. I have been looking into Bernie recently and my general views are on the side of Bernie(except for guns) and I lean more left than right. However Bernie has no real plan for is polices. For example his medical for all has no number behind it and no specific plans. The VA healthcare system for vets is a total crap shoot and according to Bernie that is the closest system of healthcare he wants. Free college has the overall plan but he doesn't have any numbers behind it or any actual plan. Are we giving anyone free college? Even if they aren't "smart" enough(smart meaning pass the requirements) How long are we paying for them to go to college? If they have failed 8 semesters in a row do are we still going to pay for them? How much will it cost? how much will it raise our taxes? Will it be for every major or just STEM? There are even more unanswered questions for his "free college" plan. The biggest one that bugs me is his plan for "gun violence." The reason why this bugs me the most is because I would prefer voting for him rather than Trump because I don't like some of Trump's policies. However, if I'm going to vote for someone I need to know what I am voting for. I know Trump wants a wall, I know the wall will cost \_\_ millions, I know he will do it by \_\_\_\_. I have no idea what Bernie's actual stance/policies are on gun control or how he is going to implement it. If anyone can explain Bernie's plans for any of his policies it would be much appreciated. From how I see it he is making fake promises that he has not way to complete them.


[deleted]

You realize Obamacare was Romney's plan, and that Republicans don't have any plan at all? McCain voted against their weekend slim plan, now there is no actual plan. That's not even a party worth voting for. MEDICARE FOR ALL WOULD SAVE $450 BILLION ANNUALLY WHILE PREVENTING 68,000 DEATHS, NEW STUDY SHOWS What does this sentence even mean? > I know the wall will cost __ millions, I know he will do it by ____. No one knows how he will pay for the wall, the trade war, the +5 trillion deficit, or the $300mil on golf. Only Dem's are ever asked "how will pay for it." Maybe i'm misunderstanding you but the Repub's have been more obstructionist than anyone in history over this medical stuff. McConnell filibustering his own bills level of obstruction, and there are still 27.5mil uninsured and a pandemic coming that could kill millions. Getting up to the standards of other civilized countries will only save you money. Insurers are parasites. Externiality costs like quality of life, too. Please, anyone reply to me justifying this: how can anyone vote for a party too lazy and incompetent to simply write down their medical plan. It's bonkers. Also whining about r/politics bias when all the conservative users participate in censorship with their downvotes and shadow banning is irony at a new level. Man up and just create a throwaway; sorting by controversial is always toxic. R/politics is the last bastion for open speech on reddit. Lots of literals want to complain about that fact but there is no other sub, just as SNL is the best (only) political satire.


babypizza22

>You realize Obamacare was Romney's plan, and that Republicans don't have any plan at all? Wait... so let me get this straight... the Republican had a plan that Obama used but the Republican's have no plans? Beyond your proof you are wrong we will use trump as an example. His wall. I disagreed with the idea but his plan was to build a wall, to stop illegal crossing and smuggling over the Mexican border. It was expected to 50 Billion. He was planning to build it through bidding. So he had a plan for his idea. Unlike Bernie. >MEDICARE FOR ALL WOULD SAVE $450 BILLION ANNUALLY WHILE PREVENTING 68,000 DEATHS, NEW STUDY SHOWS Proof? Cite the study? save 450 billion for who? You are proving my point. you have no source, no background, nothing but claims you aren't supporting >What does this sentence even mean? >>I know the wall will cost __ millions, I know he will do it by ____. Talked about this in my first paragraph in this comment >No one knows how he will pay for the wall, the trade war, the +5 trillion deficit, or the $300mil on golf. Only Dem's are ever asked "how will pay for it." Trump said he was going to pay for it by cutting the budget of the military, state funding, and subsidies. >Maybe i'm misunderstanding you but the Repub's have been more obstructionist than anyone in history over this medical stuff. McConnell filibustering his own bills level of obstruction, and there are still 27.5mil uninsured and a pandemic coming that could kill millions. Beyond the facts you aren't stating correctly, I do support medicare for all. But unlike Yang, Bernie has no plan. A perfect example of what I mean is Yang. When he was running, he had a plan for it, the cost predictions and how he was going to pay for it. Bernie just says free healthcare, your taxes will increase and it will be cheaper overall. But how is anything free? which taxes? My income taxes, sales taxes? I need specifics. How will it be cheaper? >Getting up to the standards of other civilized countries will only save you money. Insurers are parasites. Externiality costs like quality of life, too. I completely agree. >Please, anyone reply to me justifying this: how can anyone vote for a party too lazy and incompetent to simply write down their medical plan. It's bonkers. You are right. How can anyone vote for Bernie and the Democrats. The only one that had a real plan on their medicare proposal was Yang. >Also whining about r/politics bias when all the conservative users participate in censorship with their downvotes and shadow banning is irony at a new level. Man up and just create a throwaway; sorting by controversial is always toxic It's funny you bring this up. When did I "whine" about r/politics bias? Who said I'm conservative? And if anything its the left censoring. >R/politics is the last bastion for open speech on reddit. Exactly what you said conservative do is happening on r/politics. Do conservatives down vote? yes, do they shadow ban? No. but r/politics do. I think we would agree on many policies. Medicare for all, Cheaper college, UBI or maybe an minimum wage increase in certain places and many more policies we probably agree on. The only difference is I want a plan and you follow fake promises with no plan or anything behind them.


[deleted]

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=MEDICARE+FOR+ALL+WOULD+SAVE+%24450+BILLION+ANNUALLY+WHILE+PREVENTING+68%2C000+DEATHS%2C+NEW+STUDY+SHOWS I'll be happy to address the rest of your points after.


babypizza22

But this doesnt explain his plans and is really just how it will save us all money totally.


[deleted]

Remove insurers -> save billions. They're parasites. >Exactly what you said conservative do is happening on r/politics. Do conservatives down vote? yes, do they shadow ban? No. but r/politics do. I have maximum -100 and i can still post on r/politics but name any conservative sub that everyone won't participate in censorship. Where are the facts? Create a throwaway without an email addy and you'll immediately be posting in r/politics. Not true for ANY Repub sub. So you're accusing me of not being informed enough on Sanders medical policy and you're right. Sorry, my bad. If you want to compare / contrast his to Yang's you know more than i do and i congratulate and thank you for being patriot enough to care in these troubling times where Repubs have no plan at all. We don't really have many disagreements or much to debate otherwise, sorry if i'm brushing anything you said aside. It just really triggers me how the Repubs keep being obstructionist with no plan, and sorting by controversial or coming here there are more references to bias than trying to report any actual news.


babypizza22

Well you say the Republicans have no plan. But they do. And its capitalism. For example, deregulation within industry. Some conservatives want to get rid of insurance all together because it has shown to reduce prices of medical bills. I believe that you just are unaware of the Republicans plans because of either the news sources you use or because you have jumped on the bandwagon that blue=good red=bad. Both sides have plans and both sides have their reasons. I don't believe half of Americans would vote for someone without a plan.


[deleted]

Pretty sure you're just lying. Link me to the Republican plutocracy corrupt parasite pre-existing condition medical plan. McCain voted against the weekend slim, which was named so because it was a lazy low effort plan put together over the weekend. Then it was abandoned. There is now no plan there hasn't been for decades. Show me that big .pdf


babypizza22

>Pretty sure you're just lying. Link me to the Republican plutocracy corrupt parasite pre-existing condition medical plan. Stop watching CNN and you will see it. People like Ben Shapiro have suggested this. Any many others. >McCain voted against the weekend slim, which was named so because it was a lazy low effort plan put together over the weekend. Then it was abandoned. There is now no plan there hasn't been for decades. Well if it was put together in a weekend can you blame him for not voting for it? And it should have been developed more. But I'm not really sure what it is you are referring to.


[deleted]

How are you this brainwashed. Give me the link to a big gov't .pdf or admit you're lying. This is objective reality. There are no determinations here. Link me or tell the truth. There is no 3rd option. Don't type words to me. Give me link. Not a video link either i'm not a Boomer i read my journalism.


[deleted]

Source? 1% own 50% of the wealth globably and you'd save billions to remove the insurers. End the plutocracy bring back fair capitalism.


babypizza22

That's literally what I suggested. End insurance and have real capitalism.


[deleted]

I think overall you misunderstand his vision for ideals he fights for with promises. He strives to change the overton window to allow people to consider his ideas. His history of governing, however, paints quite a different picture. I'm borrowing a lot from [this video,](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PjNlBV-_s8) but I'll summarize it here. Bernie is a veteran politician. And throughout his career, he's played 2 roles: aspiring to ideals, and day to day governance. When Sanders was mayor of Burlington, he didn't try to ban private businesses or something too great to take. He worked on infrastructure and created a more progressive tax code. Maybe he increased the minimum wage of the city to slightly more than the statewide minimum wage. Nothing crazy, but positive steps nonetheless. Bernie's been in government for a long time, specifically congress. He's realized decades ago in congress something the Freedom Caucus has failed to even come close to: incremental change is better than no change at all, and far better than forcing those you somewhat agree with to cooperate with those who you really disagree with. During his time, all of his votes can be categorized into 3 Categories: 1. Courageous Dissent: like with the Iraq War vote 2. Hold outs for a better bill 3. Incremental Change: Sanders understands the value of voting for a bill he doesn't 100% agree with. He recognized that his vote for the ACA didn't lead immediately to Universal Healthcare, but it allowed the bill to be passed. If there were 60 Bernie Sanders' the ACA would be a different bill. But Sanders' legislative record is very aware of the fact that he's often one of the most progressive people in congress.


babypizza22

> Maybe he increased the minimum wage of the city to slightly more than the statewide minimum wage. Nothing crazy, but positive steps nonetheless. How does increasing the minimum wage help anyone but the rich? It literally just hurts the poor by making jobs harder to get and less available. Also you didn't describe any of his plans. I am still lost on his plans. Even with incremental changes(Which I agree with what you said) what is his end goal, how will it specifically help us and how will he get there? In the end I probably agree with some(maybe a lot) of the things Bernie wants. I have no idea how, why, or what he is trying to do. The video was a nice video but also didn't really answer my question either. My specific question is what exactly is his policies he wants? What exactly does that mean? How will it be implemented? and lastly how will it help us and not hurt us? For example Yang's UBI had the math behind it, he had run the numbers. He also had specific theories and proof how the UBI would help American's. He also had a plan on implementing it. I can't say the same about any of Bernie's programs.


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

Exactly. Ever have the flu? Congratulations, you survived an illness 10 times more dangerous than the Coronavirus.


JimiCobain27

Presidents and prime ministers merely serve as puppets to the real people in control behind them, it serves the government better to have an incompetent buffoon in the top seat so that they can manipulate his/her decisions.


SFMMusic

What’s your basis for this belief?


JimiCobain27

Logic.


SFMMusic

Walk me through the logic then


DonBoone

Can you name some of these "real people in control?"


[deleted]

Not OP, so just a guess, but--if they're American--they probably were talking about congress


Sir_Girth

George Soros! 😇


JimiCobain27

No, but that is part of the point, puppeteers don't like to be seen while they're putting on a show.


DonBoone

Meh.


Horace_P_MctittiesIV

People should mentally prepare for Trump to win


Sir_Girth

This. Buckle up everyone! It’s gonna be a hell of a ride!